Corebook X will not output display to monitor (solved)

My new Corebook Pro X won’t display an image on my LG Ultrafine 4K monitor over USB-C. I’ve never had an issue with Windows laptops and the monitor.

Have downloaded all Windows Updates & tried Intel’s own display driver. Have tried various USB-C cables.

Any ideas? I have tried with the charger both connected and disconnected. The monitor makes a noise as if to say that it is connected, but the screen remains blank and I get the usual ‘Windows does not recognise this USB-C device’ error.

Do you enabled the USB C Feature via the BIOS?

Hi @corebook did you find a solution? I’m in the same situation.
Can’t push Corebook X beyond HDMI resolution on an external monitor that supports 3440 x 1440.

Maybe I found something… Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 video card, which my Corebook X is equipped with, seems to support up to 3840 x 2160 @60, via DisplayPort 1.2/e DP 1.3Hz.
I’ll check this out in the next days…

Source:

if you find finally some help please let us know.

1 Like

OK, just want to share with you that I’m now having one external display connected at a very nice screen resolution of 3440 x 1440 directly via a USB Type-C - HDMI fast cable (brand UNI, which can be bought on Amazon).
This is exactly what I were trying to do and it was easier that I thought.
I didn’t try to connect the screen via DP cable or adapter, as I was planning to do, because I later read in this forum that Corebook X doesn’t support DP Alt Mode.
The cable I’m using passes audio signal too, and the my external monitor speakers quality is quite better than the CBX one :wink:.

I am glad that finally it worked out in the end