Ethernet USB-3 adaptor not getting power via USB-C

Hi,

I recently bought a CHUWI Gemibook Xpro which has a USB 3 port (via Type-C port). I want to connect the laptop via Ethernet, and got a small USB-3 Ethernet adapter (https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07YWTTP9L), with a USB-C to connect to the computer. However, the adapter is not recognized by the Gemibook. I tried the Ethernet adapter on another pc with a USB-c port and it worked, even with an external hard disk connected to the hub/adaptor.

I remembered that it could eventually be a power issue, so, what I did was to grab an additional regular USB cable, connected one of the USB 3 ports on my USB 3 Ethernet adapter to the Gemibook USB-A port and it started working.

My question is, why isn’t the Gemibook XPro delivering power to the Ethernet adapter, thru the type-C port, like another laptop did? Any feature I need to update, either via software or BIOS? Because, basically I lost a USB-A port, just to power up the USB 3 ethernet hub. To sum up, I need to use 2 ports on the laptop: the USB-A port on the Chuwi to provide power to the hub and the USB-C to connect it to the Gemibook.

Thanks