Herobook pro wifi problem

had my HeroBook pro since January 30th 2020 and only have 2.4ghz wifi no 5ghz wifi as advertised any ideas thank you

Try running the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and check for new drivers.

I have done that nothing

Have you tried to uninstall both the WiFi drivers and Bluetooth drivers, reboot and then reinstall them using the Intel utility?

Ill give that a go now will I be able to connect to the internet to get the drivers though

Upon reboot, it should load the WIFI drivers so you should have Internet.

Yes has done that still only 2.4ghz

What is the model number of the Intel WIFI adapter that shows in Device Manager?

Yes has done that still only 2.4ghz

It is Realtek RTL8723B WIRLESS LAN 802.11N usb2.0 NETWORK ADDAPTER

INTEL WIRELES-AC9461

Thank you

im hoping i can get 5ghz working
this will not be my last CHUWI laptop for the price its amazing going to pop a bigger m.2 in it soon

You can use a Wifi 5G USB device on your HeroBook with great performance

yes but the herobook pro is supposed to have 2.4ghz and 5ghz built in i shouldn’t need to buy an adaptor

yes it is in case of problems

Im hoping that someone at chuwi has an idea to sort it its miss selling in the uk

Hi I have tried everything to get the WiFi working so I’m going to do a fresh install of Windows but it fails through the reset this pc is it better to download windows 10 to a usb and clean install from there any help would be great thank you I have told everyone
about the herobook pro I’m very impressed and I use a core i7 gaming rig normally but ain’t touched it since getting my herobook

Driver Wifi Driver WiFi Chuwi HeroBook Instal - Restart

Buenos días. El adaptador de realtek que tiene el Herobook, no soporta frecuencias 5ghz.
Espero haberle sido de ayuda. Un saludo

1 Like

Thank you i have found out it is only 2.4ghz