Hi Pad Max reboot loop Freezing

Rehaell you will loose everything.
Lets see if another user can tell the version of services

1 Like

For those of you who do not understand Spanish. Just use translation. I found a temporal solution for this. It has to do with Updates of Google Play from 15th April

Encontré una solución
1; Entras en modo seguro ya lo explique arriba si no le entiendes busca en YouTube
2; Estando en modo seguro se usará normalmente la tabled chuwi hipad max, entraras en APPS (aplicaciones) buscaras Servicios de Google Play
3; Inhabilita la aplicacion Servios de Google Play
4; En la misma aplicación buscas los permiso 15 y 16 abril actualizar lse aya activados solos les quitas los permisos, qué tal en mi caso fueron contactos y dispositivo cercanos (no se si varía en persona a persona)
5; en la misma aplicación servicio de Google play buscas Wi-Fi y datos móviles desactivar datos en segundo plano
6; en la casa misma aplicación buscas quitar permisos y liberar espacio lo de desactivas
7; La Reinicias te funcionará pero como la aplicación servicio de Google Play esta inhabilitada te saltaran notificaciones de los servicios de Google Play (YouTube, fotos, calendria, Gmail,) entre otros no funcionaran correctamente
8; repetiremos el paso 2 anteriomnte, entrando en la aplicación esta I FORMACIÓN DE APPS ARRIBA LA FLECHA PARA DAR PARA ATRÁS EN EL EXTREMO DERECO SUPERIOR ENCONTRAREMOS 3 PUNTOS APRECIONAMOS TAL COMENTARA EN EL LUGAR desintaler actualizaciones precionas qué si
9; Haciendo eso habilitan la aplicación de servicio de Google Play
10; tal activan el paso 6

El punto es que la actualización del 15 de abril es perjudicial tenerla

Version 24.10,17

I’ve downloaded and restored a bunch of Google Play Services and none seem to work, I’m out of ideas because I dont have root access to my HiPad so there’s very little what I can do.

What will be the definitive fix? Will a software upgrade be coming?

They are trying to see what to do, take into account we are in China, and we need help from external apps to connect to google as it is blocked here, so it makes it more difficult.

I got a bit more progress, because I cant access safe mode, I went to Family link on my mobile and allowed users to be added to the tablet.

Then, via adb on the command line I created a new user and was able to log into it and it does not stop working.

However, if I go back to my kids account, it will stop working in a few seconds.

1 Like

Oh, how did you do adb access? Was Developer Tools enabled before hand even on Family Link? I only have seen “adb sideload” working in download mode. I also have enabled Add/Remove user in Family Link, but can’t get adb connected

On the family link you can enable dev mode, and the enable it on the hipad if you’re quick enough.

After that it just shows up when you connect it to your laptop/pc (assuming you accepted the prompt asking for permission on the hipad).

I’ve also downloaded play services from the new user I created and installed it on my kids user but to no luck, it still freezes. So my guess is that Google changed a couple of more things other than the services apk.

My kids user is still admin of the hipad, so I can’t boot it into safe mode, tonight I’ll try and make mine the admin to see if I can boot in safe mode and poke around in my kids user without it rebooting every 2 seconds.

Interesting. I used to have Dev Tools enabled before, but then I’ve disabled it. Now when I was trying to enable it quickly, it saying “Disabled by Admin”. But 10 seconds later I found myself still clicking this “Build number”… and it is still not rebooting… I stopped and went to home screen and confirmed that device working properly, for several minutes already. I even updated some school-apps and put it to the back-pack of my kind for today’s lesson. Not sure what exactly happened, with this clicks on “Build Number”.

But I also doubt that it is a Play Services problem so far. While looking on update history this is what was updated 4 days ago: Youtube for Kids, Youtube Music, Speech Recognition. That’s it. Certificate problems usually are not waiting for update, they are waiting for expiration date. And this is another confirmation for why so many devices affected simultaneously in one day, not during a week of rolling out update. Now the question is - what exactly should be fixed and by whom.

And just a side note:

My kids user is still admin of the hipad, so I can’t boot it into safe mode

In fact, even inside kid’s user, there is no way to reboot to safe mode, while it is under Family Link control. After long-press on shutdown or reboot, it just disappears without confirmation prompt.

But if you got “adb shell pm” access, then sounds like there should not be any need for safe mode.

My idea is to login to their user on the HiPad and disable Google Play Services, this way they can still use the tablet until a fix is produced (i think).

I’ve tried to disable/hide the com.google.android.gms using the shell pm but it does not allow me to do that because of user permissions.

Will they notify users when the problem is resolved and we can update without problems? Will they give us an update to Android 13?

Once there is a solution i will post it in this forum.

1 Like

Ser# JHipdMKK10220801953 HiPad Max Snapdragon 680
8GB+128GB

I have the same problem, bootloop freezing since 15th april.
I’ve already tried a hard reset and not working.

Tablet is 16 month in use and now this desaster.

Pls let me know how to fix it or to become a replacement?

Thx a lot
JF

I already give a solution in here. No problem

hola Maria
Puedes hacer por favor un video de como hacer la actualización paso por paso para las tabletas chuwi con el problema que estamos hablando.
Gracias por ser parte de apoyo al cliente

Here is the video on how to flash

When I want to install the “flashtool HiPadMax” My Windows 11 warns me about an unsave and dangerous file and pervents me from starting it. I then started in a virtual maching and tried to run it and it just said that the file is corrupted.

I downloaded this tool: QFIL Tool v2.0.3.5 for Windows - Qualcomm Flash Tool and followed the instructions in the video. With this the instructions work without any problem. Thank you for the video! My Tablet works again!

i hope we can solve this fast. I am sorry for these inconveniences.

This method fix the issue for my tablet…