[Hi10 x] Charging with a third party Power Delivery charger

Hi,

I bought a H10x recently.
It has 2 USB C port which one is used to charge the tablet.
Official charger provides 12V / 2A (24W) output.

My point is to replace the official charger by a third party one (outlet charger and/or power bank) more convenient to me.

To do so I bought those 2 articles:

The charger itself provides an USB C Power Delivery output with a capability of 15V / 2A (30W) which should be enough to charge the Hi10 x tablet.

I tried with multiple combination of USB C to USB C cable and above charger.
Unfortunately, none of it had worked.
When I plug the Anker charger to the H10x tablet, whatever the cable I use, it doesn’t charge.

Is the H10x tablet compatible with USB C PD norm?

Best regards,
iGoX

If you want to use third party charger you need to connect it via PD trigger or search for another chargers that will be compatible.

Hi @Biosham,

Thanks for helping.
I’m not sure to understand what’s the meaning of:

My Anker charger spécifications states it is is PD compatible.
What’s a Power Delivery trigger?

Regards,
iGoX

Something like this
https://aliexpress.ru/item/32968303350.html?spm=a2g0n.seo-amp-search.searchResult.32968303350
You need to enable PD by force.

Hi, i have the same problem.
i replace the official charger by a third party one and the result is same. it doesnt work for me. do you still have this problem?

Hi @fajaradhy,

As far as I understood, the Hi10 x won’t work out of the box with USB C Power Delivery compliant charger.
It will requires an extra device like the one linked by @Biosham in the post above.

Regards,
iGoX

Hi.

Can someone explain how this device would work? It says it is a tester. Do you just plug in and it just works or do you have to configure it to do the PD trigger (if yes, how)? Thanks.

-Bill

You need to change voltage by pressing button on the side of it.

Also this trigger is good too
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33000591826.html?af

Thanks for the info. I think I have a better understanding on how that works now, but I think they seem too filmsy to be usable on a day to day basis. Do you think someone will come out with a more sturdy packaging or maybe even embed this function into the PD charger itself? Thanks.

I think that such triggers have reached their limit in shape and convenience. And to integrate such a function into a power bank is too dangerous since people can accidentally apply the wrong voltage.