Is there any way to actually switch out the ram on a chuwi gemibook XPro? I wanted to upgrade the ram on my laptop but right now i'm just observing

I don’t know if its possible for anyone who tried it but I will be ok with whatever answer you have. Thanks.

Can you tell me your serial number , please? i need to know which model it is to see if possible take it out,or it is glued to motherboard

Hold on, let me get it.

Where exactly can I find it, in the warranty card? I guess so

The serial? : JGeBXPCY2H231003517

Can you send a picture of the motherboard, if you dont want here, send it to me in DM. I will send it to tech and they will tell me because as we have many models they are not sure

Specs say LPDDR5. Every LP RAM is soldered, not socketed. And therefore, cannot be upgraded, not without desoldering the current chip and solder the new one, which is a highly risky operation.

2 Likes

Ok, I will try to be careful with what I am doing. But, with me just being a bit on the rough side I"ll begin sooner.

Hmm. I gotta check that out with mine. I haven’t gone too far in reaching the mother board due to not watching to destroy anything in the laptop. I’ll inform both chuwi and you if it is or isn’t.