Larkbox Pro Graphic upgrade?

Hi,

just got a Larkbox Pro to test it with a graphic “game”/app (Zwift, for information) and I noticed it might need some more graphic processing power to go smooth at best video quality.

Is there any way to upgrade or improve graphic on the larkbox or it’s not intended for this purpose and one is supposed to live with the capabilities already installed ?

thanks
Luca

Hello,

There is no easy method that I know of adding an external GPU.

Someone did attempt to connect an eGPU through the NGFF slot for the SATA SSD. However, as stated in the specs, that was SATA only and not a NvME connection. Thus, a NvME to an external PCi for a GPU was not possible. There was a quick video on YouTube showing someone attempting this and showing it did not work.

One could theoretically de-solder PCI wifi and attempt to place an extension to an external PCI. However, that would defeat the purpose of being a tiny and easy to grab PC.

Maybe the next version of the LarkBox could have a standard NvME slot and then one could connect an external GPU to that port. (Similar to that on the LattePanda 864.)

Good Luck

Thank you so much for the reply. I suspected this was the case but tried anyway!

Luca

Another quesiton on upgradeability: is it possible to upgrade the RAM or is also this element not modifiable?

Hello,

All of the memory is soldered on to the board. It cannot be easily removed or upgraded without de-soldering. This includes the eMMC as well.

The only internal user upgrade is limited to the NGFF SATA drive.

Good Luck