Linux on Chuwi Minibook 8

Any updates?
I think that linux is most popular OS for this laptios series.

I have been dual booting with Windows 10 on the emmc and Linux Mint 20 on the M.2 SSD for a few weeks now with basically no issues. I have had a lot of trouble connecting bluetooth headphones in either OS, but no issues like the troubles described above. For reference, here was what I did:

• bought the MiniBook with M3 8100Y last year with Windows 10

• dual-booted Mint 19.3 on the emmc for a few months, then bought 1TB M.2 SSD

• re-installed Windows only on the emmc (essentially reset the MiniBook to how it was when it first arrived) & do all the Windows updates again

• Used the Mint 20 live-usb to partition the M.2 SSD for installation (made root, home, & swap partitions); I did this using the “something else” option in the Mint installation tools. If I had used the “install alongside Windows” option, it would have put Mint on the emmc again. I had to use the “something else” option to specify the physical drive I wanted Mint to install on, and I had to designate the size of each partition (root, home, & swap) within the target drive.

• Installed Mint 20 on the M.2, leaving the emmc unaffected

Now, when I turn on the MiniBook, I am greeted by a bootloader where Linux Mint is the default option. There are also options for advanced Mint boot, boot into Windows 10, or enter BIOS/UEFI options. Other than the bluetooth issue I mentioned above, I did have a problem with the keyboard after updating Mint, but that is now patched thanks to another forum user.

If anyone is having trouble dual-booting with the M.2, I recommend trying it the way I did it. Thanks!