Minibook X N100 USB-C is not working with external monitors

1. ZMinBXHY4H240202346
  2. https://OZON.ru
  3. 30.04.2024
  4. Hello, i have a USB-Type-C HUB (HDMI/USB3.0/Type-c) and full hd motitor plugged in it, work only in (1) type-c port but not in (2) port.

Maybe is possible is because of the HUB? i read in another thread a similar problem. Have you tried another cable to connect the HD monitor? Because first must check if its a problem of cables so start thinking about hardware issues.

I tried different hub’s… It have same problem, I try my hub’s on CHUWI CoreBook X 2023 it work’s perfect. And in (1) port in minibook x it work’s too.

@manonegra222 do you have any idea what could it be?

If you are familiar with flashing and booting Linux live versions with USB flash drives, you could boot Fedora 40 live and test both USB ports for video out. If that works on both ports, you most probably have a problem with a Windows driver.

Do NOT install Fedora if you don’t want your disk erased.

Cheers, Jaap

1 Like

I check it and returns

@jaap @ChuwiSpainSupport it same trouble in Fedora 40

Then one USB C port does not support display alt mode or it is defective.

The Chuwi store says:

“MiniBook X comes equipped with a full-featured Type-C port for easy expansion using external devices. Enables screen expansion, audio transmission, network connectivity, and more.”

“Main I /O Ports Type-C*2Pcs,3.5mm Audio Jack,M. 2 ports”

So the marketing specifications are not clear if both USB-C ports support display alt mode. That often happens when marketing material has been made before the product is General Available. An update would be in place.

Maybe I’m just lucky both USB C ports support USB C display alt mode. :wink:

Cheers, Jaap

1 Like