Problem with HDMI connection in Larkbox

I Write you an email i need that video to ask my tech guy.

@tokio1 @optimun180 @Ignacio1 @bennysp2020 @sflenniken @Silentflier @GFBurke @Niall @lao3hero @asmerdev @Miguel1976 @TadMikowski @fimi24 @B-Rad

Guys i know this post is old , but @sbafo1 wrote recently so im taking the opportunity to ask the tech guy to see if we can solve this mistery. I sent the video that Sbafo provided me, and the tech guy asked if you guys can tell me the models of your TV so they can check and try to guess what was the issue. I dont guarantee we can solve it, but lets give it a try.

In the meantime, I thank you because you were the only one who took an interest in 4 years, the only TV on which it works is a SABA UW22A250, then I have a Samsung S32BM500EU monitor and it doesn’t work here, I have a UE65RU7450UXZT TV and it doesn’t work here either, I have also 2 AKAY TVs and they don’t work either. I hope you can solve this problem, thanks

I gave to him, he will answer me on Monday i Guess, lets see…

They made tests,They tried to update the graphic drivers in al old machine (which we dont know if its same your or not) the issue is we dont have the same tv models as you, drivers work with them, but you can download them and see if it works for you.

@sbafo1 @B-Rad

I will try to install the new drivers but I’m sure it won’t work because I can’t even access the bios when starting the PC because no signal is detected from the HDMI. Besides a driver problem, what else could make it work only with an old SABA TV and with none of the new monitors/TVs? I think it’s a hardware problem, but the serious thing is that I have already sent the PC once for assistance at my expense but it was sent back with the same problem

I did not even know you sent the pc with the same issue. :sweat_smile:But you can install the drivers using a normal PC monitor right? and then after restarting you can try to connect again the Tv.And see if that worked? for the others like Samsuung and so

After warranty period unfortunately we dont offer assistance, i mean free, is also an old product and you would need to send to Hk, , as an advice i do not think would be worthy.I even asked if we have more of this even in Shenzhen or other warehouses ,but we dont , the one they tried was in the factory. I am so sorry

Unfortunately it didn’t work. I attach photos of the shipment for the repair to you in Spain on 4/11/2020, what else can be done? If I send it back, can you replace the HDMI for free? Or maybe have a replacement? I was one of the first to trust Chuwi by buying on Indiegogo when you were practically unknown and I find myself with an unusable little black box on my desk and this is frustrating.

The problem is as this products is more than 4 years ago, we really dont have replacements for this one.Warranty already passed and i do not recommend you to send it a second time, because this time you will have to pay and is not sent to Spain(the EU repair service is in Germany now, not in Spain). And im sure im this case it would be sent sent to Hong Kong, i would need to ask if we still repair this model. I will answer you tomorrow.Because it seems something may be with the motherboard.And the shipping would cost a fortune for you and also the repair, and the time.
Have you tried to take to a local repair shop? Maybe its not even the drivers, but a conector?repair shops see computers everyday, maybe they had similar cases with other Mini Pc or computers or even sometimes they do tricks and things finally work. I would do that in your case

I have been searching in the forum look at this,it may seem stupid but trying…:

I can understand that this model is no longer supported with spare parts but Chuwi now produces this

and a serious company, after seeing that all these users have had the same problem (who knows how many others have had it and didn’t know where to write it) could offer all of us a discount code that allows us to purchase it at 1/3 of the price and in a very reasonable way he could close the matter by making a good impression. Abandoning those who believed in your brand when no one had ever heard of it by purchasing on Indiegogo puts you in the position of being seen as someone who doesn’t care about its users and you can be sure that in exchange you will only get bad publicity as well as the certainty that none of us will buy plus a Chuwi branded product. Try making this request and so we give them the opportunity to remedy it. Thank you

When we come back from holidays i will tell this to my boss and see if they would agree to offer a discount.

I thank you again for being the only person who in 4 years tried to do something to resolve the situation, I hope that your efforts are not in vain. I’m waiting for some good news :crossed_fingers:

1 Like