Problems with Video Playback, on the Chuwi Hi10 X

Hi, I have the same video playback issue but when i try this command

reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers /v DisableOverlays /t REG_DWORD /d 1

I get the error

ERROR: Access is denied.

can you help?

OK I managed to execute the command by running ISE in administrator mode. I will now monitor video playback to see if the problem is fixed.

OK this reg key hack did not resolve the issue, I still have the same video playback issue, can you help?

I have the same issue… I have already reported it at Banggood to find a solution. Also, I have a very weak wifi signal… Totally disappointed by this tablet.

I have the same problem here. Any solution?

I had the same issue. The registry fix didn’t work for me, but downloading the Intel Drivers tool from above fixed it for me.

i solved with last intel driver and disabled hardware accelerations on google chrome settings

1 Like

I have installed the lastest Intel drivers but have exact problem as posted in this thread I don’t normally watch videos but have recently tried to watch YouTube any other suggestions would be appreciated. I’m not technically minded so please be gentle lol.
Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone! For anyone who is having problems with running

reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers /v DisableOverlays /t REG_DWORD /d 1

Please note that PowerShell should be opened with administrator priviledges, this is extremely important. That might be the reason of the unsuccessful tries.

P.S. I’ve done that and it worked for me, I don’t any glitches anymore.

1 Like
  1. Click start :arrow_right: Write Device Manager.
  2. Click on the display adapter drop-down.
  3. Right click on the “Intel HD Graphics” device.
  4. Click on “Update driver”
  5. *** Be careful with what is played here. Press the Windows key + Letter R on the keyboard. Type “regedit”
  6. Locate the path through the folder tree (be careful, don’t do it without the supervision of a major) [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ GraphicsDrivers]
    “DisableOverlays” = dword: 00000001
  7. In the window on the right, right click and give a new Word record (32)
  8. Put the button in hexadecimal, and write the number 1.
    Quit everything, and restart.

1 Like