Reset BIOS. Load defaults

Hello. Help me please somebody. I need to load bios defaults, but keyboard is not working and USB ports not working too. Maybe some PWR + Vol -/+ combination? Bios not support touch screen unfortunately .

1 Like

In the bottom i see RTC_CN1 contacts. RTC (real time clock) and what is cn1? Need to know what should i connect…

Probably this is confidential information. What is voltage on left pin of the connector when tablet is turn on? 3V or 3.3V? Probably if you short this pin to ground bios will be reset.

Good question. I will check it in hour. I think chuwi should release some GUI bios configuration tool.

There is no signal in those pins (RTC_CN1)

If the bios was not reset after disabling the battery, then it uses nvram and you can not reset it. Or there is a testpoint on the board to reset the bios.

Yes it is in nvram. I did not saw any points marked as reset or something. Is it possible to flash bios from the OS? I tried to use cmos De-animator 3 it did not worked…

Chuwi did not provide bios or programs for flashing, most likely it will not work to flash from the system. Contact aftersale@chuwi.com probably they know how to solve this problem.

1 Like

Thanks anyway! :handshake:

Ok! I give up… :face_with_head_bandage: Now i need a bios dump. Can anyone share it?

Solved! If Windows is steel starting possible to flash bios from the OS

I experienced the same problem after changing the OS selection, but in my choice of linux, it works fine, a problem occurs when choosing MSDOS, the black screen won’t boot. the solution is very easy, using an external monitor. long press the power button until the tablet turns off, connect the monitor to micro hdmi, turn on the tablet, then press del to enter bios, then change the OS SELECTION as before.
I hope the problem is solved

1 Like

for me, my tablet wont boot. black screen. Red led goes on after press power button. But i dont get any signal out of the HDMI port… this is already my second Hi10x … both had problems -.- “. i dont have so much time to waste them by sending my Hi10x back and back and back -.-”!

I have same problem but i can not get in to windows.
MY tablet starts into bios and i can not change anything keyboard does not work via usb or the tablet one.
Did anyone figure it out how to reset the bios without a keyboard ?
Tnx

Hi,

How did you do it?