H12 Insufficient Storage Space to upgrade W10 to Version 1903

Hello,

This new version 1903 of Win10 requires min 8GB storage which I do NOT have. Please help for my following questions:

1. Should I download Microsoft ISO file to a SD card and install from there?

2. What I need to aware in order to keep the Android system because mine is a dual boot system?

3. Do I need the 25 characters Windows Product Key to activate the new version 1903 after installation from the ISO file? if no, what I need to aware and how to proceed from there? If yes, how to retrieve the product key?

4. After completion of installation, are there any drivers required to be reinstalled?

Thanks in advance.

1. You must download Windows 10 Home multilanguage (32 or 64 bits depending on your model) with the media management tool (not ISO)
  2. As you are not reinstalling the system but updating Windows, you do not need to take any precautions with Android partitions.
  3. You will not need a Windows key since it is on the motherboard.
  4. No driver will have to be installed because the current ones will be maintained.

This is to update Windows to the new version. You just have to, when in Windows, insert the downloaded Microsoft pendrive and click on the pendrive setup file. The installation program will start and from the menu, select update Windows

A different case is that what you really want to do is a clean installation of Windows. If so, retype and I will give you a guide

1 Like

Many thanks

I cannot find Media Management Tool in Microsoft web site. I can see ‘Media Creation Tool’ for WIN 10 ISO file creation. Could you please send me the link?

Thanks in advance

Tommy

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for your last advice of rei-installing WIN10. It was installed successfully. Due to limited storage space on my H12, I gave up personal app and data during the installation. Then I lost the icon for switching to the Android session from Windows. How can I recreate this switching icon or function?

Thanks in advance.

just download this file and paste it on the Windows desktop

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqpKvT8-VB_88nSxV_Qg8qBIn2Te?e=vr1sMc

Salve a Tutti, sul mio Hi12 Q64G4516030***** dopo inst w10 v1903 il wifi Ăš 65Mbps, quali driver devo installare?

Grazie Anticipatamente

Problem solved.
Many thanks.

Touch Screen Not Working After Re-installation of Windows 10

Hi,

My tablet is Chuwi H12. The touch screen is not working after re-installation of Win 10 downloaded from Microsoft official site. I examined the Human Interface Devices at Device Manager. The manufacturer driver “Goodix Touch HID” exists with “HID-compliant touch screen”. I did try to disable the “HID-compliant touch screen” and restarted the tablet and it was still not working.

HID has the following items:

• Converted Portable Device Control device

• Goodix Touch HID

• GPIO Laptop or Slate Indicator Driver

• HID Button over Interrupt Driver

• HID-compliant consumer control device

continue to repeat another 11 items

• HID-compliant device

• HID-compliant pen

• HID-compliant system controller

continue to repeat another 5 items

• HID-compliant touch screen

• HID-compliant vendor-defined device

continue to repeat another 3 items........

• HID-compliant wireless radio controls

• IntelÂź HID Event Filter

• Portable Device Control device

• USB Input Device

continue to repeat another 3 items

Could you please help?

Thanks in advance.

Before doing a clean installation of Windows, you should always make a copy of the drivers to be able to reinstall them later.
Since you have not done it now you must follow point 8 of this tutorial:

Hi,
I would like to keep both Android and Windows OS. I also posted my question at Mircrosoft forum. One suggestion is to download Windows 10 from a site https://techtablets.com/chuwi-hi12/downloads/ rather than Microsoft. However, I am not sure it is a legitimate site for Chuwi. Please let me know if there is proper solution.
Thanks in advance.

Hi again,
My installation is not done in clean installation approach. I just followed your first reply and ran the setup file from the pendrive when in Windows. However, I can’t recall there is a update option from the menu
 After the installation, I found the touch screen was not working. Then I downloaded the “Goodix Touch HID” driver from this site and used only the driver update approach. Should I uninstall the driver and re-install with the downloaded version? What is the actual procedures?

I have just followed point 8 to disable driver signature enforcement and examined the drivers under Device Manager. I did not find any items with yellow triangle. Then I did perform a driver update against “Goodix Touch HID” with the downloaded version. A message indicates it is up-to-date. However, the touch screen is still not working.

Hi manonegra222
Please let me know where to download “Windows 10 Home multilanguage” to update my windows 10. The update system of win 10 says I have no space.
Chuwi Hi8 Air, Windows only.
Thanks in advance
Regards