WHUWI Hi10 Air Display didn't rotate after Wondows10 update

I did updates Windows 10 regularly, but after updated last year, the display didn’t rotate when detached from keyboard.
I did update driver of accelerator of Bosch, Intel display driver, and others according to the topics which discussing in the web.
But the symptom still remained unchanged.
Please help to solve this matter.

You can try to uninstall the accelerometer in Device Manager under Sensors, then reboot the tablet and let it reinstall the accelerometer driver.

I assume you didn’t accidentally enable Rotation Lock in the Action Center, right?

When you detach the keyboard, does the tablet go into Tablet Mode?

Can you manually rotate the screen using the display settings and when using the Intel Graphic settings?

Hi Silurian,

Thanks for your idea.
I did uninstall accelerometer and reboot, then reinstall the accelerometer driver.
But it still not perform auto rotate even unlock the display rotate.

Have you tried running the sensor troubleshooter from Microsoft?

You can find it listed about 2 pages down on the following web site:

1 Like

Hi Silurian,

Thank you for additional information.
But that wizard has an error:

An error occurred during troubleshooting:
An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard cannot continue.

Package ID : SenorDiagnostic
Path : C:\Users\akihi\Downloads\SensorDiagnosticTablet.diagcab
Error Code : 0x800706BE
Source : Engine
User : DESKTOP-VJOBMA7\akihiro
Context : Restricted

Strange you get the Error Code 0x800706BE.

That is usually an error associated with Windows Update. Maybe you have some corrupt file or something. You can try to check your Windows 10 system files.

First run in an Admin Powershell:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Then run in an Admin Powershell:
sfc /scannow

1 Like

I just checked my Hi10Air and it rotates as expected after all the latest updates. Has to be some device error or something stopping it.

Hi Silurian,

Thank you I have done all process which you mentioned and now I can fixed the issue, it rotates as normal.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

1 Like

Hello to all
Here is the solution (at list it worked for me) after 1 day of investigation I found the following: open device manager and look for sensors, there may be 2 lines, both with “Kionix…”. The line with other naming than “kionix KXCJ9 3-axis accelerometer” should be disabled. Then, update driver for the other line, named “kionix KXCJ9 3-axis accelerometer” . Select manualy the driver named “kionix KXCJ9 3-axis accelerometer” and apply. Voila!
Good luck!