A problem with the fans

Hi. Did someone solve problem with the CPU fan always on ?
Did you try to change the fan with another 4 wire cpu fan? Would it work? Do you have any suggestion of model?

I was not able to solve the problem :frowning:

1 Like

allah kahretsin.Hi12 Q64G45170101324 aldım.kendi kendine windows güncelleştirme yaparken dondu.hiç bir yanıt alamıyorum sizden.bu pislik aleti nereye yollayabilirim?yollayayımda götünüze sokun.allah belanızı versin.iğreniyorum sizden.AKM namussuzlerı.destek yok.yardım yok.neden satıyorsunuz bu pislik aletleri.ne kadar çinli varsa hepinizin AMK.allah belanızı versin.kendimi dolandırılmış gibi hissediyorum.ayrıca kendim mühendisim.türkiyeye satıyorsunuz.servisiniz yoook!lanet olsun hepinize

Windows için Posta ile gönderildi

Disassembly our pc. I think replace fan or remove it…

1 Like

Not accurate, but it’s working (I think…).

Resistor 12 Ohm (1W) , thermostat 5W - 75°C (±5°) normal-open…
And silence now… Fan not turned on (it means CPU not heated to 75°C)

Fan connector sizes

Hi @aguniq , great solution.
Could you share the circuit diagrams, please ?
Thanks

Hi @gsandrini , thanks.
I’m not elecric or engeneeer :slight_smile: - not have tools for diagrams, sorry

Hello. You did a great work.
Can you share a link for the parts you used? (like, for example, Aliexpress)
Can you also describe how the wiring should be? (for example red cable to blue, and where to put the resistor)
Thank you very much

I bought the 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Herobox two days ago on amazon.
I did not realize that it has a fan, because it did never run.

First I completed installation of Win10, no fan.
Then I installed Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop and no fan activity either.

I installed lm-sensors package and did run “temp” script to monitor temperature:

hermann@j4125:~$ cat temp 
#!/bin/bash
watch -n1 sensors
hermann@j4125:~$ 

This is output:
sensors.j4125

These temperatures are after running cpuburn for more than 10 minutes, with >390% CPU utilization.
Do nothing temperature was 48°C.

So either my fan is defect, or my HeroBox has no fan, or fan turns on at higher temperatures only …

Hi. Tyank you :slight_smile:
1PCS Thermostat 10C-240C KSD9700 40C 45C 50C 55C 60C 65C Bimetal Disc Temperature Switch N/O Thermal Protector degree centigrade
I took 5W - 75°C (±5°) normal-open

Resistor 12 Ohm (1W) and thermo glue/pasta from nearest electric shop

1 Like

It seems like they improved this point. Can you please confirm if it is working also the BIOS auto power-on feature? It was not working on previous versions either

I’ve got the HeroBox(J4125 + 256SSD) and it came without any fan, its a passive cooled machine. The only good part was the meaty aluminum radiator. Anyway, I didnt like the high temps(around 70 degrees Celsius) and I drilled an array of holes on its upper case, then I plugged in a USB potentiomenter on which I plugged a 12cm/5V USB fan that I placed on top of the machine. Now the temps are around 40C and its absolutely silent even at night.

Ok, so my box’s fan stopped working at all. And there are no replacement alternatives in my country (Russia). Has anyone odered a new fan for herobox? Where can I find one? Or is it ok to install a new one?

1 Like

I have a Chuwi HeroBox, there is nothing interesting there, only an aluminum radiator without blowing is installed. Its heating in intensive mode is 75-80 degrees Celsius, the processor performance drops. There is also a 4-pin connector for fans on the board, it is not connected to it, but when trying to connect the fan does not work, I did not find the fan power settings in the BIOS

Bought a new Herobox 2023 (N100).
Installed Ubuntu 20.04 updated kernel to 6.5 + workaround for the Bluetooth to work.

I have the same problem: fan is always on.

Tried loading the coretemp kernel module and trying things on thermald from Intel but it is not working.

The official answer of “it is not a smart fan” is not right since the fan is faster (you can hear it) when the CPU is working hard. The problem is it never stops when the CPU is cold.

Another problem is getting sensors shows a negative number and the wifi module temperature is unknown (maybe it doesn’t have a temp sensor? idk).

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Package id 0: +32.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 0: +31.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 1: +31.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 2: +34.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 3: +34.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)

iwlwifi_1-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1: N/A

acpitz-acpi-0
Adapter: ACPI interface
temp1: -273.3°C (crit = +105.0°C)
temp2: +27.8°C (crit = +110.0°C)