BIOS reset - Larkbox

Do you press the power button and the blue light is on? How about replacing the HDMI cable? It is better not to use an HDMI conversion adapter.

Yes blue light is ON when powered on and off when power button pressed again.
Direct HDMI 2.1 cable going into TV and Monitor tried 2 diff monitors too no luck

Hell no, I’ve literally tried everything.

Same with me I tried detaching battery for few minutes etc. but I think UEFI flash doesnt reset .
Must be some pins on motherboard to reset bios only if Chuwi could help
Otherwise I think will have to send for RMA as Chuwi asked but the cost is not worth

Uoom This may be because the BIOS is logically half-broken. Did you contact CHUWI support? Perhaps you have to prepare a BIOS file in the USB flash memory on another PC, insert it into the USB terminal of LarkBox, and perform automatic flash. Flashing the BIOS will default the BIOS settings and may resolve the issue. You may want to contact CHUWI support first.

Chuwi Support has asked to return for RMA but shipping is not worth hence holding on as I suspect its most probably bios settings I changed for GPU vRAM as I was having stuterring/framedrops in 4K video’s playback.
About Auto flashing can you provide more info on that? Where can we find stock bios file and which utility to use for putting bios on pendrive, also is Larkbox configured to auto-recover from pendrive bios files etc.?.
I tried bootable Win10 pendrive but didn’t work, as well as F7, F8 keys etc. to access boot sequence/bio but no display at all.

The first is to contact CHUWI support. If you can replace the LarkBox, please have it replaced. I got the BIOS provided by CHUWI support. I don’t know if I can distribute this BIOS to others. I have to ask CHUWI support. My current advice is to contact CHUWI. If my guess is wrong, the LarkBox will become a box and may not be supported. if. If there is a time to rewrite the BIOS, I recommend Transend’s USB memory_32GB. That’s because you don’t have to do anything special with the USB boot.

Thanks for the info.
Can you still link the bios here or send PM. So if anyone is anyways sending back for RMA at least they can give it a try, as all Lark boxes are same models.
I tried communicating with Chuwi to provide info about how to reset Bios or overwrite it but no response from their end.

If you can RMA, you should do it. When I interact with support, when I rewrite the BIOS, Windows 10 authentication may not pass, what should I do? I was asked. For me, I didn’t care about authentication and was offered my own BIOS. Therefore, I don’t think it’s good to provide it to other people easily. I’m also contacting support and some people are in trouble, can I provide it? I am contacting you. I think it feels like a contradiction. CHUWI has a strong partnership with Microsoft. That’s why authenticating with my BIOS can be a violation.
I don’t think this is good for you and me. Therefore, getting the BIOS provided by CHUWI support is the best solution, and I think RMA is also the solution. If my BIOS is okay, I can provide it, but it’s not possible right now. As for the BIOS upload, I only know where I was taught by CHUWI supporters. Rewriting is very simple, but if you don’t see the screen, you won’t know how far you’re going. When the rewriting is completed, the power will be turned off automatically. So, I can figure it out, but if it fails, RMA may not be applicable, so I think it is necessary to contact CHUWI support. I’d like to ask one question, isn’t it possible to enter the BIOS settings even if I press the power button and immediately press the esc key repeatedly?

2020年10月29日(木) 14:28 Sanjay Khandagale via CHUWI | Official Forum <chuwi@discoursemail.com>:

Okay understood, thanks.
For me its No display, no keyboard shortcuts work. Just Larkbox blue LED and Keyboard lights glow thats it.
Lets see what support says, I have already emailed them waiting for their reply.

I decided. To your challenging spirit.

http://chuwi.mediafire.com/file/dmshqp6xknotmjx/GB01_ZW_1_03_202007091733_%25E7%258F%25BE%25E5%259C%25A8%25E5%2585%25A5%25E3%2581%25A3%25E3%2581%25A6%25E3% 2584% 25E3% 2582% 258B% 25E6% 25AD% 25A3% 25E5% 25BC% 258F% 25E3% 2581% 25AEBIOS.rar / file

There is a file in. Transcend’s USB memory is the best choice. Because you don’t have to write boot. After formatting with fat32, transfer the unzipped file to USB memory, insert it into the usb port of LarkBox, and turn on the power. Please judge that the rewriting is completed by the blue led of LarkBox. Be prepared for the time to take more than 10 minutes. Good lack :+1:

2020年10月29日(木) 14:28 Sanjay Khandagale via CHUWI | Official Forum <chuwi@discoursemail.com>:

1 Like

I’m not good at English. I made a mistake. Good luck to you👍

2020年10月29日(木) 19:17 Sanjay Khandagale via CHUWI | Official Forum <chuwi@discoursemail.com>:

When the rewrite is complete, the blue LED will go out. Your PC has shut down. Rewriting is dangerous. Be careful not to make it a box.

2020年10月29日(木) 19:17 Sanjay Khandagale via CHUWI | Official Forum <chuwi@discoursemail.com>:

1 Like

Okay thanks alot for your help, will give it a go this weekend.

Hi,

I will do my best for you too. Good luck :+1:

2020年10月29日(木) 21:19 Sanjay Khandagale via CHUWI | Official Forum <chuwi@discoursemail.com>:

Just an update yesterday Chuwi Support team replied for the Bios Reset query asking serial number which I provided yesterday iteself.
Waiting for them to provide bios/instructions to reset it. Lets see.
Will keep you guys updated here.

I really hope there’s a fix. It was a really cool product until it became bricked.

Someone over on the Indiegogo comments of the “other” mini PC vendor mentioned a way to reset the BIOS on his Larkbox. Below is their post. Good Luck

Not sure if this helps. The BIOS is fragile, alot of settings can brick it. Chuwi forums has a lot of bricked Larkboxes but i found no solution. In the end i gave up waiting for support, opened up the unit and removed the CMOS battery. Press & hold power for 15s, let it sit over dinner then after putting it back together, BIOS was reset and it booted up for me! The setting that bricked mine was Chipset > South Bridge > OS selection.

2 Likes

…good eye, this could help a lot of people if it works !

-Rob

Thought I’d share my experience.
I found that my Larkbox Pro was unreactive after a big windows update. After restart it would show logo, spinning dots and then stay dark.
I forced a reset by holding the button down a few times and then then eventually I got a ‘please wait’ on screen also. Then it booted in to a troubleshooting mode. Then I navigated menu options until i got to an uninstall update option - there are 2 of them. I could only choose 1 of them, so I did. It took a while - about 1/2 hour I think. Then at least it would boot to windows. I read here that the problem is probably the graphics driver in the windows update so I went here… https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html and let it update the graphics driver ( also wifi and bluetooth) - chose - ‘restart later’., let it finish all then restarted. It’s been working ever since.

1 Like