Chuwi HeroBook stopped booting up

Herobook. Presently used as paper-weight.

It will not start, unless left-CTRL and POWER are pressed together.
Must remain pressed, otherwise it dies.
Yes, yes, I did write to them!!! They asked me for photos (I do not understand why). I sent photos, reg. number, and everything. No answer. Maybe it is because I asked them if I should just throw it in the bin.

Any ideas?

1 Like

my daughter’s herobook pro stopped booting up and ocassionally boots up and then turned off. i sent it to local technician for repair amd told me i need to replace the motherboard. i tinkered it at home. just pressed the power button until it turned on. i went to update section and uninstall all the updates. it went well for a month until new updates were installed and the problem recurred.

Can you post a picture of how to fix the bug? Which chip should be checked?

Any video can help because I don’t understand about.

ebertmello@icloud.com

Could u by chance post pics of the things your describing

Hello there,
Well, I have the solution and I can fix it that the Management couldn’t. So first you’ll have to leave the power button pressed. You will notice that the power indicating light has got stopped and again started in the blink of an eye. You will still hold on the power button and then the light will again get stop. After this it’ll remain stop as long as you hold on and you should hold on too. In this way, after a while you’re Chuwi HerBook Pro will boot up and you can accomplish you’re work over there.
Thanks for reading with patience. And yes don’t forget to reply below and let me know whether it was helpful or not

1 Like

What does this mean?

I try send a vídeo from here and no work

Tudnál küldeni videót?

Unfortunately, this does not work for me! I can press the power button for hours, nothing happens!

Lights is turn on ? If tournament on the blue light press FN+F7 together release FN still press F7 try work whit me.

1 Like

The monitor stays dark anyway. Neither the bios nor anything else will appear for any key combination. The machine is dead, only the blue LED lights up and goes out about every 20 seconds, then lights up blue again after 4-5 seconds. So there is some life in it, but nothing appears on the monitor (nor on the HDMI port).
Can somebody help me? For half a year now, the machine has only been dusting on the shelf. I’m throwing it out slowly.

Ebert is right. I did trial and error and accidentally found out this mythical approach before reading this blog, so Ebert is correct. Funny thing is to keep on pressing F7 you really need some tricks: i use a finger like heavy substance to keep the screen on… :joy:…lol… That was the only “object” found at home which can replace my own finger to stick on pressing F7 24/7, which human organ can’t really fulfill this special operation… :joy:… So I hook the Herobook Pro to an external monitor, and let the laptop “vibrate” itself when I am updating and working with the laptop occasionally… :joy:… Can anyone tell me where the inside battery is situated on the motherboard? I humbly ask for advice here cuz I searched over and still couldn’t find any battery like component… Thanks so much!!!

Hi while sometimes the device does not boot and is needed to be a bit patient like keep trying as someone pointed out, and that happend a lot of times but alwyas managed to get it back to work.

Still today something completely different happened.

Went to reset the Bios to default settings, save and exit.

And it tried to boot, the blue led came up and showed a battery image like drainned on the screen and goes of, and it was plugged in and had charge…

tried what i usually do, and came here to check other solutions but so far nothing.

Any ideas?