CHUWI Hi10Pro Linux Sound issue

I have decided to use my Hi10Pro with just Linux from now on, and I have tried several distros but I end up with the same issue. After a couple of days and after I have set up almost everything, out of the blue the sound disappears. The tablet acts as if there’s no sound card present. Not even the Bluetooth headset works any more.
I say out of the blue, because it has done the same issue with several distros so I can’t pin point something specific.

Distros I’ve tried so far
Manjaro KDE plasma
EndeavourOS LXQt
Fedora 35 (Gnome 41)
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Unity)
Pop! OS
openSUSE Leap xfce

Hadn’t it been for the sound issue, I’d definitely suggest Ubuntu, everything worked out of the box (apart from the sound that is, although it also worked to begin with)
EndeavourOS was also a pleasant surprise but definitely needed a bit more tweak to begin with

Hello, Hi10pro does not support Linux system

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to reply since the answer you got wasn’t really accurate. Lots of computer hardware isn’t officially supported by manufacturers but still work just fine. That’s because Linux is community based and the community of developers get things working anyway.

I’d suggest you find out the brand and model info of the sound card and use that to search for alternative drivers to try, official or not. Another thing to try is to update the sound stack in the Linux distros.

If they’re running the older standard, called pulse audio, that might be the cause of your issues since it can be finicky, especially with Bluetooth devices. Try the new pipe wire audio stack instead. Many distros come with it standard now or will soon. If you’re running a distro with pulse audio (you can find out in sound preferences,) you can easily upgrade with just a command or two.

Hope this helps you or others who may stumble across this post.