Linux on Chuwi GemiBook

After a fresh installation of Linux Mint on my laptop I notice that audio isn’t working, and I see dummy input/output. After this I had tried a lot of solutions.

After adding

options snd-hda-intel model=generic

in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf I could see only HDMI output. This mean that headphone and integrated speaker are unavailable.

This seems like that SO can’t know about internal speaker, microphone and audio jack.

How could I fix?

My system information:
https://termbin.com/kr2e
dmesg -l err,warn

Many newer Chuwi notebooks use an Everest codec chip that is still unsupported in linux. Some efforts are ongoing in supporting it. See [BUG] No local devices (speakers/headphones) on N4120 tablet (Chuwi Hi10X) · Issue #2955 · thesofproject/linux · GitHub

1 Like

There were a LOT of regressions in the 5.11 kernels, can you try a different kernel? I have run both Debian w/ backports kernel (5.10) and currently run Arch w/ LTS kernel (5.10) on my GemiBook Pro and have no issues with sound.

On Linux Mint I tried 5.11, 5.8 and 5.4 kernels. I’ll try other distribution. Thanks.

I tried other distributions, but nothing happened.
Today, something strange has happened. I connect my headphones to randomly check if something has been changed (I don’t know why) and I heard some noise from the laptop speakers. Then I try to put my smartphone line out in the computer jack with an AUX cable. And I can hear the sound of the smartphone thought the speakers. When I change the volume, nothing happened. Why? It could be some physical problem of the sound card?

I’ll admit that DOES sound like it’s an actual failure with the soundcard to me.