Chuwi MiniBook X compatibility added to libwacom

Hi all :slight_smile:

I wanted to share this small update here; if anyone has been using or wanting to use Linux on their MiniBook X, the just-released libwacom update comes with support for the MiniBook X, meaning you’ll be able to use your system settings to change stylus related settings. Here’s what it would look like on GNOME for example:

You can find the release notes of this update here. Depending on which flavor you’re running it might take a bit before this version will become available through updates, so you might have to wait a bit, or install this update manually if you’re comfortable doing something like that.

While proper S3 sleep functionality is still a work-in-progress (one of two known incompatibilties have been resolved by the Intel driver folk), it’s a pretty nice quality of life improvement I think.

Anyway, I thought I’d post this here in case anyone else would benefit from this. Enjoy!

3 Likes

How do you know Intel is working on the S3? Could you link to where you read it?

Here’s the issue reported and some talk in the comments. Unfortunately not a lot of progress has been made here so far, though a related issue has already been resolved and merged in more recent Kernel releases at least.

Hopefully someday soon someone over at Intel will pick this one up. Until then though, we’ll just have to wait and keep our fingers crossed I suppose :).

2 Likes

That sounds awesome, thank u!

I’m a casual Linux user and wonder if the driver is a part of the latest kernel?Considering to buy one and run Fedora on it : )

Also I wonder how’s the stylus performance been for u. Is there any lag?
Want to use it for taking notes in rNote and drawing in Krita.

One other thing that concerns me is overall performance. Is N5100 enough for those kinds of tasks?