Computer swelling

Hello, I’ve noticed that my Corebook X is swelling, what this means?
Can it explode? I have no idea how to proceed, I use this computer to work.

Hello

Your Battery is swollen for sure. If this is still under warranty time, activate as soon as possible.

Do not use the laptop for now. I would recommend to remove the battery and let it rest somewhere far from heat and from flamable stuff.

Regards,

1 Like

Hey, @coyotefert
Thank you for responding. I purchased this computer on April 9th, 2022. I’m unsure about the warranty period, but in Spain, it is typically for a minimum of 2 years.

I’m quite anxious about the situation. While I need to use this computer for work, I’m worried that it may unexpectedly explode near my face.

Can you please help me understand what steps I should take next? I have a concern about Chuwi’s lack of communication with its customers and retailers, especially regarding a potential product recall. This is a matter that should be taken seriously.

I would say, take pictures, open the backplate and take pictures with battery model also.

Send email for service@chuwi.com with the situation.

I had similar issue but my battery is not that swollen. They had no replacements at the moment I contacted.

It seems that several Corebook X are facing this issue. It seems to be a common known issue.

I will try with other moderators from forum to question Chuwi about it since they are not isolated cases but a recurrent issue.

It´s diffcult but maybe Chuwi can propose a solution that is good for all.

Regards,

1 Like

Was your battery ever replaced? I am facing the same problem, and based on other posts it seems they are always claiming to not have replacement batteries in stock.

Hey, Yes but I both by myself and replaced it.
Sincerely a battery that swelling like that in one year isn’t good, that is my first and last Chuwi.

Here is the AliExpress link that I both the battery:
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005005436826349.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.20.286c194dt0aGkU&gatewayAdapt=glo2esp