Corebook 14 X nvme problem

Hello,
I have bought this notebook but in M2 slot norhing work, I have tested two type of SSD and won’t boot are there wich type work? No technical or manual info about this:

Regards

Hello, I bought a WD Blue SN550 500 GB NVMe SSD as second SSD. No need to change anything in the BIOS. It works fine - four times faster then the preinstalled one.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, I will buy one the same

Are you working with the internal one? are there any sort of problems working with both of them? @DerChecker

I’m using both of them simultaneously. There are no problems. The pre-installed SSD is the system drive and the second SSD is volume D:.

Some people says there are problems after installing NVMe for the second SSD !!?

but relying on what you are saying I can get another NVMe one (plug&play) and keep the system installed on the pre-installed and all goes fine, right?

You can keep the pre-installed SSD as boot drive. It’s a W800S (Transcend?) and uses the SATA interface. My second SSD is a WD Blue SN550 and uses the NVMe interface. So far no problems occurred.

Hello…
W800S isn`t Trascend, but please post your Bios photo of :
1 SATA configuration
2 NVMe configuration
3 Boot

Thanks and regards

Here you are… #1

Here you are… #2

Here you are… #3

I have added SN550 nvme as second ssd.
It runs in the pcie3.0x2 channel,which means the speed is only 1300~1400MB/s,while the normal (pcie3.0 x4) is up to 3000MB/s

Boot is ok. In fact,I have installed Mac os big sur in NVME ssd and Windows 10 in SATA ssd。
Boot device is NVME ssd by opencore0.6.4,you can also boot win from SATA,everything is OK

hello

Can you upload a photo of how is the connection (interface) that this disk uses please? Is it compatible with a Nvme PCIe 3.0 x 4 ssd disk? (PCI express) or only Sata 3.0???

the sockets are M.2. with M key

AIDA64 tell me that sn550 NVME runs in PCIe2.0 x 4 which equals PCIe3.0 x 2(only 1300-1400MB/s)
I try to reinstall my NVME ssd to another sockets(the internal one) and can not boot the os,also see no NVME ssd in BIOS…
So,this laptop can support 2 disks, both SATA or 1 SATA+1 NVME with PCIe 3.0 x 2(PCIe2.0 x 4)

3 Likes

Hello.
Can I install NVME ssd as a second drive and make it bootable for Windows 10, and format a regular SATA drive and use it as file storage?

Boot from NVME & SATA are perfectly okay when NVME intalled in the external socket

Do you need to install NVME in BIOS as bootable?

No,just add NVME ssd and install OS,make no change in BIOS…

1 Like

Who has already done this, the Windows key is picked up by itself?

Installed NVMe ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB drive in my Corebook X. Installed on it using a bootable USB flash drive Win 10. Works much faster. For comparison, I measured the speed of a standard disk and ADATA, the difference is noticeable. :grinning:

1 Like