Ethernet Network Adapter Missing RZBOX

Hello, everyone!

I recently bought an RZBOX, and everything went smoothly when the Ethernet Network adapter suddenly disappeared. I have Windows 11 installed on it, and I tried different methods to restore it, but all of them failed. Do you have any suggestions? I’m stuck, and I don’t know what to do.

Thanks!

I’ve had that happen a couple of times. Usually shutting down and pulling the power plug and waiting a few minutes, then powering it back up causes the problem.

Seems to happen more with the ethernet port furthest away from the side. I started using the one next to the side and I haven’t seen that happen again since.

I was wondering if that was something that I messed up, or if that was a problem. Since you’re seeing it too, it’s a problem. I’ve had the same thing happen to another small pc from a different company. It’d run all day, then the network adapter would disappear from windows and that required the same unplug/replug to get it to come back.

Which means we can rule out the rzbox to use as a router, because if the ports go to sleep at random, that’d be a bit of a problem!

Hi Tom! Today I unexpectedly solved the problem thanks to CCleaner: the program notified me that a new driver was released for the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller initially installed on my RZBOX. So I checked the update code number on the Realtek website Realtek PCIe FE / GBE / 2.5G / Gaming Ethernet Family Controller Software - REALTEK, and I picked the 10.62 version, I downloaded it and ran the repair option. The program restored the Ethernet Network. I hope that this solution will also work for you. I suggest installing CCleaner on your PC if you haven’t already done so. I’m using the free version, but it can still notify me what drivers I need to update.

Have a great day, and thank you for your answer!

2 Likes

Hi,
I encountered the same problem: the lan interface disappears from windows. It happened to me multiple times. I have always solved by turning off the PC and physically disconnecting the power supply from the box and reconnecting it after a while.

I have fixed my problem by performing cleanup of network devices.