HeroBook Plus Intel Celeron J4125, Black screen, Battery does not charge

• Serial HeB Plus 256G20112321
  • Purchased on 12/14/2020 directly on Chuwi official store China.
  1. Black screen, without any warning while I was working with a graphics program the screen went black. I connected an external screen to the laptop and the computer works normally, the native screen is not read by the system even if by restarting or turning on the laptop the Chuwi logo appears.

2. Battery does not charge, Recently when I connect the power cable to the electricity when the battery has 20-25% charge, the red charging LED lights up, and the battery status shows the percentage of charge and that it is connected, but the laptop continues to power from the battery until it automatically shuts down. Only after turning the laptop back on does the battery begin to charge.

@manonegra222 could it be software issues? or mainly hardware?

I honestly can’t answer if it’s a software or hardware problem, what I can say is that the Windows system gives me the external screen as the only one, the laptop’s native screen is as if it didn’t exist. I also went into the laptop’s BIOS and again the native screen does not exist.

Regarding the battery charging problem, reading some posts in the forum, I found that it is a fairly common problem, but I didn’t find any indications to solve the problem.

Despite these two issues the laptop works well, but it can no longer be considered a portable device given the need for an external screen.

The fact that the screen is not recognized by the system or the BIOS makes me think that it is a hardware problem and that it is simply that the flex that connects the motherboard to the screen has been disconnected or broken.
It is not very frequent but it can happen over time when you close the laptop lid when you stop using it.
To check it, it must be opened (preferably a technician) and verify the connection and integrity of the flex.
As for the battery, it really charges. The problem could be with the driver or the charging connector itself.

I send here the original files,

5.Windows:OS 2004 H1

Drivers:Driver Herobook plus(2)

I asked and we have replacement batteries for your model What about buying one? Just in case¿

Hi Maria,
I downloaded the two files you sent me, I don’t understand how to use them since they don’t have an .exe file.

Regarding the battery, I could also buy it if I solve the screen problem, the laptop is currently at half service, given the need to have an external screen, which consumes a lot of battery, it’s like having a desktop constantly connected to the electricity grid.

Hi manonegra222,
I will look for a technician in the area to check if, as you say, it is a problem with the screen flex.

So if you want to buy the battery write this:

We can send a battery to you. You need to do this.

You need to: Go to www.chuwi.com ,
Select your zone up corner right side(Eu, US, ES…)
Menu-Explore -Contact us- Aftersales Service

-Fill the form aftersales

-Dont forget to write INSIDE in the message:

1-Model and Serial Number /
2-Where are you from:
3-When did you buy it, and as you are not under warranty anymore, that you accept to pay the cost, they will inform you, and give you details to pay
4- ADD your address , so they can proceed

*They answer in 48h
^*When you write, come back to me, and i will check if its received on their email (sometimes goes to Spam)

Hi manonegra222,
I had the laptop checked by a technician, unfortunately the problem is not due to the flexible cable that connects the screen to the motherboard but to the screen itself which is gone.

Hello Maria,

considering what I just wrote to manonegra222, as the screen no longer works I decided to remove the lid from the laptop and use it as a desktop with an external screen, so at this point the battery is useless.

Thanks for the support

that is bad, well if its the screen i can ask if we have replacement screens also, but considering you found a better solution i think is no longer needed ;). Im glad that at least the computer can be used.

1 Like