Hi10X keyboard not working

The keyboard on my Chuwi Hi10X was not activating when connected to the tablet using magnetic hinge with 5 pin connector. I had to open the keyboard and tighten up the screws on 5 pin connector and it helped (didnt do a proper testing but it did connect after I tightened up the screws that hold the 5 pin connecto small pcb.
Included are the photos of screws that need to be taken out to open the plastic clips that hold the outer covers.
If tightening screws will not help then check if the mini cable from 5 pin connector is not crushed on the hinge or something like that.

Thank you so much for sharing it

Found the problem and solution.
It was not the keyboard fault, the problem was inside the tablet.
The tape flat cable was loose at the tape clamp connection as shown on photo

As can be seen on this photo a little bit of glue on the tape and connector fixed the problem (the tape was no longer loose on the connector).
To open the tablet you have to take out 4 star screws as shown below

After you take out 4 star screws you can unclip the clips that hold the back cover
using a thin object such as a cut drink can as shown below

this thin piece of a can will allow you to slide in the gap between the black plastic frame of the screen and metal back cover, once you open some gap you can use a knife or plastic guitar pick tool to take out metal back cover from all clips
this is how the back cover looks like when you take it off

That how opened tablet looks like

You can see how the bigger tape cable is fixed with the glue on the above, this is the easiest way to fix that problem (that is what I have done and now the keyboard does not disconnect anymore).
Just remember to put little volume and on/off buttons back in the metal cover slot before closing it.

good luck!

thank you so much for this info. I am sure other users will find it useful.

1 Like