How to obtain @ and € keys with english/chinese keyboard

Hello. I am Italian.

I just received my long-time expected Minibook just for discover that Banggood sent me the one with English/chinese keyboard.

So it is very fifficult to me to find out how to write @ and € keys also not having an Alt Gr key to the right of my space bar.

I am trying all the possible ways but no success. By the way, I can read a lot of extra chars over the keyboard (chinese ones) so I guess that there must be a way .

No way to use ctr+alt+ other keys.

Anyone may help, please?

Also wrote to CHUWI but no reply at the moment.

Hello, I’m brazilian. : p

If you are using Windows, you may use a program which you can find on Microsoft website.
Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=22339

You can:

1. create a new keyboard layout from scratch
  2. copy an existing keyboard scheme and add extra features.

Since you are using an english keyboard, I would suggest you to:

1. File > Load existing keyboard > United States-international.

Why? You may ask… it’s because it got already ‘dead keys’. They work like this:

1. You first press ( ~ ) and spacebar afterwards, it will print the symbol alone…
    If you press tilde, and after the letter ( a ), it will print ã.

2. Or… if you press accent aigu ( ´ ) and spacebar, it will print the symbol…
    but if you press c, it will print ( ç ) .

Then you may add extra commands anywhere you want, using any command you wish to evoke other symbols.

After completing your editing you may export the keyboard layout as an installer. You install and set it as default keyboard layout in the Control Panel (or Settings… I simply can’t remember where to find stuff in Windows 10).

1 Like

è molto semplice. anch’io ho lo stesso problema. poi li ho trovati. il taso alt a destra è ALT Gr premuto con il tasto a destra della L ottieni la @
con lo stesso ALT Gr e la e ottieni €
ok?

Io non ho nessun tasto alt a destra.
E non c’è nemmeno nella versione americana. Sicuri che parliamo della stessa cosa? Comunque alla fine ho trovato, bisogna premere ctrl alt (l’unico, a sinistra) più il tasto della ò accentata in basso.

E mi compro le. Letterine adesive, per capirci qualche cosa…

Minibook CTRL+ALT+e simbolo Euro (sotto Word o Wordpad, altrimenti lettera é).
Lettere accentate con i dead keys. Vai benissimo, fidati. Io solo tastiere americane: puoi fare le lettere accentate maiuscole, parentesi comode sulla tastiera, puoi fare facilmente lettere di altri alfabeti ñ ä…

Confermo che si fanno con CTRL + ALT. Anch’io ci ho messo un po’ a trovarle.
Spero comunque di continuare a utilizzare il minibook per consultazione di siti e programmare un poco (con tastiera americana) perché se devo scrivere un testo, solo a ricordarmi dove sono le lettere accentate, gli apostrofi e il punto di domanda ogni volta mi viene mal di testa e ci metto una vita.