How to Open the Chuwi Hi10 X?

Hello my Chuwi Hi10 X Friends :),
i use the Chuwi Hi10 X much for TfT, League of Legends :smiley: And with the TDP “mod” from 6W to 10W it works totaly fine for me BUT, the temps go up to 82°C. I know, this is “okay” but i like to have it lower. So i want to do a cooling mod. BUT (again) i dont know how to open the Tablet. If i have the 4 screws out, idk how to open the “Tablet itself”. Maybe someone can give me a tipp or Pictures/Videos or somethink.

Thanks for our time :slight_smile:

1 Like

A gaming tablet is not recommended because, precisely, the temperatures reached by the processor and the damage it can cause to the circuit and battery.

If in spite of this you want to continue playing with it and make a mod to refrigerate, to open it, after removing the screws, you should use a pick to carefully peel off the case. I put a YouTube video in which you can see the process.

A kit like this Reemplazo de montaje de digitalizador de pantalla táctil para iPhone, Kits de herramientas de reparación de pantalla LCD, 21 en 1|Sets y accesorios para teléfono| - AliExpress may help.

yeah, how mod 6W to 10W?

how to mod 6W to 10W, thk

Disassembling CHUWI HI10X

ALL RESPONSIBILITY IS YOURS IF THE “SCREEN” IS DAMAGED DURING DISASSEMBLY.

I call the “screen” the part of the tablet where all the information is displayed when the tablet is in use, and you can touch it to operate the tablet.
Before disassembling the tablet, you should know that the “screen” is very rigid. It will not take any strain when you try to bend it towards you. It is more likely to crack or break.

The method of disassembly:
Remove the two screws on the side of the metal frame with a Torx screwdriver.
Remove the memory expansion card.
Use high strength plastic tensioning tools that are used for the assembly of telephones. Do not use metal tools as they will scratch, crack or break.
Push the edge of the tool down between the “screen” and the metal frame on the short side where there are no sockets. That is, start working near the top right corner, but starting at least 2-3 cm from the corner.
Continuing downwards, continue to push from the top and stretch the tool between the edge of the “screen” and the metal frame until you get close to the bottom right corner.
Using the same method (pushing tool downward between the edge of the “screen” and the metal frame), continue stretching the lower (longer) part of the screen from the lower left corner to the lower right corner.
Continue pushing the tool down and clamping it between the edge of the “screen” and the metal frame from the top right corner to the top left corner.
Extra caution is required when tightening this part towards the top left corner to avoid damaging the plastic nut components that operate the two push buttons.
When stretching all the corners, do not go as far as the corner (leave about 2-3 cm).
And now, very very carefully (without forcing), start to pry the edge of the “screen” away from the metal frame by pushing it downwards. You can then lift the “screen” out and access the inner parts.

The method of retrieval:
Replace and position the magnets at the bottom.
Replace the two small plastic parts that operate the push buttons.
Tilt the “screen” into place.
Snap the “screen” into place at the top right corner and move vertically down to the bottom right corner.
Snap the “screen” into place at the top left corner and move vertically down to the bottom right corner.
Snap in the “screen” at the top left corner and move right to the top right corner.
In the bottom left corner, click on “screen saver” and move up to the bottom right corner.
Tighten the two screws back with a Torx screwdriver.
Replace the memory expansion card.