How to reinstall Windows on CorebookX

Hello,

May I know how can I download and reinstall Windows on my CoreBookX? It is the latest version with 8th Gen i5.

Thanks!

Best regards
Alec

You must write to service@chuwi.com indicating your model and serial number

As a measure of precaution, in every new PC, while Windows 10 is still working, I retrieve the original Windows key and keep it in a safe place, just in case I should reinstall Windows from scratch, which is easy with the Windows key. Retrieving the key is extremely easy:

1. Open the Windows PowerShell app.
  2. In the PowerSell window, paste
    wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    and hit Enter.
  3. Your Windows product key will show up. It’s in the form of XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
1 Like

That’s a great advice. Thanks so Much appreciated!

Hi, I wrote to service@chuwi.com for more than a week and they still do not respond to .
What can I do, it would be good if you provide us with a copy of the system or the drivers to have it in case something happens, especially in my case that I am in Peru, and it would be very difficult to pull the guarantee from here.

Hi Sergio,

I waited for approximately 5 weeks but I did get the license key eventually.

Just keep reminding service@chuwi.com, you should be able to get it eventually.

Hope this will help.

Best regards
Alec

Hi Sergio1010, ¿Have you read my message above? It is easy to retrieve the Windows product key code from your system. Then you can save the code for future use in case you would need it. Reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch is easy following these instructions from Microsoft.

Hi, just for info there is also a good mean to safe guard your OS with all drivers, all applications and all your files. Look for migration OS software and create a copy of your system to an external SSD drive. Match the SSD to that of your laptop, In case you got a problem you can swap the SSD. Only MS office that will need to reactivate.
If you are a person always messing around with new software and OS it is a good solution for saving you a lot of time :alarm_clock: