Keyboard fail šŸ™

Iā€™ve been having a few problems with my keyboard connections lately. When itā€™s clipped on to my HI10 it keeps connecting and disconnecting every few seconds, drives me up the wall, sometimes working but most of the time not. I did try cleaning the contacts with servisol (switch cleaner) but made no difference.
Today I found the problem, a trapped wire inside, looks damaged and repair isnā€™t going to be easy so Iā€™m rather unhappy now. The one I have cost Ā£20 when I bought it with the HI10 originally, and I could do with another now. How much are new keyboards and where is the best place to get one from?

IMG_2937i

IMG_2939i

Hello
Sorry, hi10 has been discontinued. We canā€™t provide you with accessories.
Thank you for your letter

Thatā€™s a shame, looks like Iā€™ll have to attempt a repair then, I like a challange, lol. I do have soldering skills though, and a background in electronics. Iā€™ll try and source a replacement from the local PC repair shop first, else itā€™s soldering iron and heatshrink. Should be interesting. If I succeed Iā€™ll post an update.

More suggestions welcome of course.

Merry Christmas everyone :christmas_tree: :snowman_with_snow: :christmas_tree: :beer: :notes: :gift: :balloon:

You might still be able to buy it from online sellers. Iā€™ve have just purchased the keyboard recently , about 2 months back.

Where from and how much?
Edit: I should point out that Iā€™ve already had a look online and theyā€™re either for a different model or Ā£40 to Ā£60 each, too expensive imho. My tablet is an older model CW1515, and some listings say ā€˜only X, plus, airā€™ etc. so compatability may be an issue. I should also add that it wants to be black to match my Chuwi.

Ich habe einen Treiber Problem
Fehler beim ZurĆ¼cksetzen des Ports
Das GerƤt ist gerade 3 Wochen alt

^ Translated to English
ā€œI have a driver problem
Failed to reset the port
The device is just 3 weeks oldā€

Canā€™t help there mate, my Chuwi HI10 is 5 years old. My keyboardā€™s just worn out. I suggest you start a new topic. Or return yours to supplier under warranty.

Kann da nicht helfen, mein Chuwi HI10 ist 5 Jahre alt. Meine Tastatur ist gerade abgenutzt. Ich schlage vor, du startest ein neues Thema. Oder senden Sie Ihre im Rahmen der Garantie an den Lieferanten zurĆ¼ck.

Update: Well over a year later I actually managed to find a suitable keyboard online after the old one was unrepairable, I found it here: https://www.joom.com/en/products/61b1d91701448d0106cc46e7 and it was delivered today, 3 weeks after ordering, which I thought was pretty good tbh. Ā£37.20 delivered, a bit more expensive than the first one but much needed.

Having the older version of an HI10 (CW1515) made it more difficult to find but I got lucky in the end. I did use a folding wallet thing with a bluetooth keyboard but it was awful like that and didnā€™t get used much at all, probably about 3 times at most, it was a real pain like that and very inconvenient. Now itā€™s back to being a little laptop again itā€™ll get used a lot more now, so thanks to Joom for their ā€˜new old stockā€™ supply. Pics belowā€¦