Keyboard Function Keys

Hi,

I have bought a Chuwi keyboard for my UBook X and it’s fine; it works :slight_smile:

I have a problem in that my function keys are the wrong way round. By that I mean the keyboard defaults to the “helpful” function keys like “mute”, “volume +/-”, “brightness +/-, “music play keys” etc. I prefer the same setup I have on all my other computers which is “F1”, “F2”, “F3” and so on. Is there a way to change the default function keys to the Windows standard “F1“ etc?

Thanks

James

Short answer: No, this is “by design” regrettably. The Ubook Pro also had that design flaw (as I call it). How Chuwi ever thought it was a good idea to make the function keys default to the alternate function on a PRO device still baffles me…

OK thanks :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s that unusual but usually there’s a way either in Windows or in the BIOS to reverse the setting. I wouldn’t even mind if all you had to do was press a particular key combo to achieve it but …

Thanks for the reply.

James

Hi can you fix it ?

Because I want to disable fn too.

Thank you in advance

Unfortunately, I was never able to and since then my keyboard has stopped working properly forcing me to buy a Bluetooth one to replace it.

James

@JamesCRocks if your keyboard is in warranty we i guess we could replace or repair it.

1 Like

Thanks but the tablet was a present and I bought the keyboard from banggood back in July '21.

It had a good run :slight_smile:

James

By the way i asked if they could be deactivated. It cannot be done :frowning: