LarkBox Pro: Event viewer - Idle power management features are disabled

Event viewer is logging the following error 4 times, once for each core, on every reboot:

“Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.”

This is after clean installing W10 20H2 and both before and after adding back the ‘Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework’ drivers linked elsewere on these forums.

Is this a BIOS issue? Could this be an issue due to my 20H2 install, or are people on (stock) 1909 also seeing this?

1 Like

@sndwv did you ever get a response to this query? I’m seeing the same problem. I believe is has to do with putting the screen to sleep without putting the PC to sleep. If the two settings match, I don’t have any issues… but… if I set the PC to never go to sleep but power the screen down after 5-minutes of idle time… the machine borks itself. Any resolution to this?

Sorry, no. I gave up on the whole thing to be honest. Interesting find though, I’ll give it a try the next time I hook the LarkBox up.