LarkBox - SSD is very hot when PC turned off

SSD TS512GMTS430S(BOOT Windows 10) is always live. The eMMC memory is clean, no partition.
The temperature range of the SSD after turning off the PC is 61-65 degrees Celsius (all the time).
Can I turn it off in the bios?
During normal Windows operation, the SSD reaches over 70 degrees Celsius.

Only solution I’ve found is to unplug the charger from main… Otherwise always powered…

You can pull the plug out and put it back in. Bravo Chuwi !!!
Do the SSDs mounted by Chuwi “work” the same?

How do you measure the temperature? I see this in a few threads here where people are reporting how hot different parts of it are getting, but not how they arrive at those measurements.

Thanks

1. CPUID HWMonitor.
  2. Digital Infrared Thermometer.
  3. Finger - it is very hot a few hours after LarkBox has been turned off.
  4. The cover is unscrewed.
  5. I removed the M.2 SSD. I’m waiting for a new bios.

I have a thermal issue, too.
In windows the fan starts at 52° while on linux (Mint) it’s always running.
With sudo systemctl start thermald I can have the fan stopped but then it never starts again so I have to use the command sudo systemctl stop --now thermald to have the fan spinning back.
I’ve tried to change the bios settings with no result.
The only thing I can do is to make a daemon that checks the temperature and starts the fan with the command sudo systemctl start/stop --now thermald according to the temperature.

this is a result from the command sensors

iwlwifi_1-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1: +46.0°C

acpitz-acpi-0
Adapter: ACPI interface
temp1: +47.0°C (crit = +95.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Package id 0: +47.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 0: +47.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 1: +46.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 2: +46.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 3: +46.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)

I wrote to a very good laptop service. If they do the repairs, they’ll film it. I’m waiting for an email. They have a YT channel.

1 Like

…one thing that may help is to attach the metal mounting plate to the bottom of the LarkBox w/ the screws provided. The metal plate is intended for use as a mount to the back of a display, but I think the screws mate with the copper heat sink and will x-fer heat to the metal plate. The USB cords, etc. should also help shunt some of the heat away, as heat flows toward cool.

Best,
Rob