So can we somehow add 2TB

… at least M.2 SATA, for less power consumption?
Does anyone have any successful experience?

Yep, it works fine. The secret is to use slower M.2 storage. Anything faster than about 2600 failed for me. But when I used a slower SSD, it worked. Something to do with a BIOS upgrade needed to support faster M.2 storage. This one worked for me: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GVDNTGJ/

1 Like

I found a discrepancy in the consumption parameters. Can you be more specific about what is listed on your SSD?

Sorry, I can’t. The computer is in Mexico at our 2nd property and I’m in Arizona for the next few weeks. I can’t open it to tell you that. Good luck.

Solved for myself the issue of expanding the disk space:
bought such a 2 TB SSD (cold, works fine, not slower than the system one):

For example, here:

And, although the new drive heats very little compared to the system regular one, the system one often got up to 60 ℃, whereas the added one was not higher than 46 ℃.
I came up with the following cooling solution for the system SSD:
through thermal pad + thermal paste placed copper bar 70x22x7 mm + through another thermal pad and thermal paste provided such “sandwich” thermal transfer from SSD to the bottom metal wall of the case.

My measurements showed a gap from the case of the system drive to the cover 8 mm, to protect against thermal expansion, calculate himself the thickness of the rubber thermal pads. I used two of each 0.5mm.
Result: The system disk is not hotter than 50 ℃.

And then I removed the 2 TB SSD and sold this stove (RZBOX) :slight_smile: