For Ubook 4100 Q256GH62061707
After a try to install HiPen H6 driver on my new Ubook (Serial number Q256GH62061707) which failed, the touchscreen didn’t work (x and y axis movements inverted, orientation not recognized, 90° turned with only part of screen accessible according to orientation) (same problem ….
So I try to get back to factory’s installation using Windows 10 internal restoration utility (OK … without reading all advertisements in forum’s many thread !).
After restoration, the touchscreen works but :
- there is a cross on the screen which is not accessible with the cursor (a strip, about 200 px width, from middle-top to middle-bottom and another strip -same width- from middle-left to middle-right side of the screen). Cursor switch from one side to other when crosses strips and a touch on these strips results in a double-touch on both sides … (similar to)
- some “auto-touch” occurs, sometimes several times per second, at the middle-right, top-right or middle-bottom areas of the screen, rendering the touchscreen unusable (need to disable the device in device manager to use a mouse …) (similar to)
- Touch with HiPen are shifted by several tens of pixels, even after calibration with device manager utility …
I installed official Ubook’s Windows 10 (from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/to3d93q3r6eii/UBook_4100) which should come with factory’s settings …
After installation :
- according to device manager, all drivers in HID are “HID-compliant” Microsoft 21/06/2006 - v 10.0.18362.1 or .175 (no GoodixTouchScreen driver)
- touchscreen has same problems (dead cross on the screen, auto-touch, cursor’s offset)
I tried installation with different BIOS parameter (especially with “chipset > South cluster config > Miscellaneous config > Touch panel device” where default setting is “GT738X Touch DeciCe”… although there is a “Goodix touch device” setting avalaible ???), with/without Windows update after intallation, with user/administrator account, … Same problems each time !
I also tried to manually install official drivers (from http://www.mediafire.com/file/wudqu0od8bqbttu/UBOOK_drivers.rar/file) with different process and parameters (testsigning on/off, …) although I can’t find any information about “what driver for what device” … It failed too (drivers can’t start - code 10 -, touchscreen inactive or with same dysfunctions, …)
What can I still do to have an available touchscreen ???