Ubook CWI509 Black screen

Hey everyone, came here hoping for helps with this tablet that is not even a month old yet.

Today when I went to turn the tablet on, the blue light went on as normal… but nothing else. The screen stayed black and NOTHING happened. I have tried:

• holding power button down for 30 seconds
  • Holding power button with vol + and vol - held down
  • tried attaching a HDMI (mini) cable to a monitor to see if that comes up

So far all a blank screen. Can any help with any ideas? There is a lot of important information on this that I need to get off of it.

Update: I was able to fix this issue by completely draining the battery, making sure its totally drained by trying to turn it on a few times, then recharge. It works!

thanks for sharing. You can help other users

I have a solution for all guys who flashed theire ubook bios (I think it’s the same solution for the ubook pro, ubook x and ubook x pro) and have a black screen but the backlight is turned on and also the blue light of course: at first you need a HDMI cable to connect your ubook with an external screen before you turn on your device. Then turn on the device voila u have tee see a picture by the external screen and windows should start. In Windows you go to the device manager by right click on the windows botton. Now you it will show you a wrong driver that names: I2C HID. That driver you have to chance by the Goodix driver from the driver package. There was a to do here in the forum how to do it. It tells you that it can be that the driver didn’t do right for your device - ignore that. Then restart your Tablet. Now it starts again with a black internal screen but after windows is boot your internal display should turned on but without the touch function. Now you can use your Tablet again without an external display. If you need a new installation you have to change the driver again and also need the external display because the display driver isn’t installed in the bios. And on more thing: if you want to install linux- Linux boot the right driver from the kernel… So there is no need to do- except the picture would only flackered on time on than of you have to dimm the backlight- by using the keyboard keys for Moore / less backlight.
I hope I could help same guys and chuwi can bring out a new bios to flash so that we can use our tablet right again.
And sorry for my English I’m from German and I’m not so good in English writing but I do my best;-)