Ubook Pro (m3) gets very hot. Is it nornal?

Do you have anything between your tablet and the mouse? Like a metal desk or something?

You can also try to change the 2.4 GHz channel used on your WIFI router. It might be an interference issue between your WIFI and Bluetooth.

Do you have any other 2.4 GHz devices running like CCTV, a security system or cordless phone? These can also cause Bluetooth interference issues.

If you take your tablet and Bluetooth mouse to a different location, do they work better?

Also, have you installed the latest Intel WIFI driver as well?

I think I solved the mystery. It was my Logitech gaming pad for my gaming mouse.
Since I am using the other mouse on a different desk everything works fine.
But the UBook Pro is still warm, not really hot but warm.

hi my ubook pro 8100y gets crazily hot too. standard setting, light use. on the upper right corner in landscape view temperature reaches 60 celsius. is there any firmware upgrade to fix it?

For the heat issue, I recommend changing the Minimum Processor State to 5% under Plugged In (and On Battery). I had the same issue with high temperatures until I change this setting and I noticed the UBook Pro running a lot cooler after that. I noticed no change in performance since the maximum process state is still at 100% and it has no problem scaling processor usage.

Lower your screen brightness to 70 or 80. (100 percent uses a lot of power).

Update the drivers for the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework (Manager and Generic Participant) in Device Manager.

1 Like