[Official] The way to optimize keyboard power consumption for UBook Pro

Recently, some people reported the issue of UBook Pro keyboard backlight.

It consumes electricity and heats up.If you happen to have this problem, download and install the driver.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ata1sg9drcfv5me/UBook_Pro_Optimize_keyboard_power_consumption..rar/file

And this is the operational instruction:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j1apzzkxiteqho7/Operational_Instruction.pptx/file

3 Likes

Thanks’ Management.

I will do following this to fix it.
And i will be back to report later.

1 Like

Followed the instruction and all now is working great !
FN+Backlight arrow now working good and during standby backlight is switching off.

Great work Team !! Thanks.

1 Like

Please note that you will have to reboot your tablet to get the Touchpad settings to appear in the Device section of Windows Settings.

I can also confirm for me that the touchpad settings appear and work correctly and the keyboard backlight switches off during sleep.

Thanks to the Chuwi engineering team for this prompt response and fix!

2 Likes

Great job Chuwi, a quick response and a result that makes the keyboard and touchpad fully functional.

Thank you

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

That fixed the touchpad but now keyboard does not work. only get the first two presses on key then nothing. but touch pad works good

Perform the installation as instructed in the powerpoint tutorial. You must disconnect and connect the keyboard at each step.

I have a problem with the download. The flash utility is written in windows. I need a Linux version. Any ideas?

I have also completed the steps and it seems that the keyboard is now switching off the light when closing the lid or when setting the tablet to sleep mode.
But the keyboard is still starting up with the brightest settings instead of remembering the last settings selected, it would also be nice if the keyboard could use the brightness sensor of the tablet to determine the back-light needed.
If Chuwi is working on an enhanced version of the keyboard for the UBook Pro I would fully support that and would buy it as soon as it is available.

It would be nice if there was a better version of the keyboard cover available. I would like to have the “Insert” and “Prt Scn” keys instead of some of those worthless F5 to F8 keys. It would also be nice if there was language variations available as well. I type in both English and Thai so it would be nice to have a dual language keyboard. I know I can buy stickers but I would prefer not to.

For now, I bought a nice Logitech Bluetooth keyboard that has both characters and use that while at my desk.

1 Like