[Official] The way to optimize keyboard power consumption for UBook Pro

I have not come across this issue. I did notice that the touchpad is very sensitive. It is best if you barely touch the touchpad when moving your finger. Almost hovering your finger over the pad instead of pressing down on it. It works better that way for me.

I typically use a bluetooth mouse as I am not fond of touchpads in general. I use the setting to turn the touchpad off when an external mouse is connected so as not to get errant mouse movements from accidentally touching the touchpad while typing.

Thank you very much for the quick reply, I am glad you have not experienced this issue. The track pad sensitivity is fine it’s the fact the mouse keeps on moving after stopping movement on the track pad. Something in the new keyboard
driver has made this touch pad very difficult to use. Is there any way to re-install the original driver that came with the UBook Pro 8100Y ? The original driver worked like it was supposed to.

Thank you for your time

Shannon O’Malley

Mail](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

I don’t think there is a way to reset the touchpad back to the original settings as it appears that the software provided made firmware changes to the keyboard and touchpad. It might not be a simple driver change but would most likely have to be software provided by Chuwi to reset the touchpad settings. I believe others are having the same issue with the touchpad as you.

You might want to send an email to aftersale-service@chuwi.com for support directly from Chuwi. The more people that send an email to them about the same issue, the more likely they will resolve the problem. They may be able to update the touchpad with software again.

One more question, have you tried to turn off the Enhanced Pointer Precision under the mouse settings?

Oh, also you can try to delete the touch pad driver, reboot and have it reinstall.
In device manger / select Human Interface Devices / right click HID-compliant touch pad / uninstall device
Reboot and it should reinstall the driver.
This might work for you.

I agree that touchpad works better before to install the last patches. On the other way the problem of backlight was too big to do nothing and with hurry…

I hope Chuwi will continue to work to improve firmware and overall performance of this product for at least a couple of years like other brand manifacturers. This is a key point to maintain trust of Clients…

I confirm. The touchpad is like rubber. After stopping the finger, the cursor continues to move for some time. Need fix for this fix! :slightly_smiling_face:

Chuwi, I still got a problem with backlight, like when I turn it off and then closing the lid and open it again, backlight is turning on automatically. Is there an option to turn it completely off?

For a work-around on the backlight coming on, you can disable the fast startup under power options/choose what the power buttons do. By disabling Fast Startup, the keyboard backlight should no longer come on.

Note, this will not fix the issue with the backlight coming on when removing and reinserting the AC power. I am waiting on Chuwi for a fix for this issue.

Disabling Fast Startup didnt work for me. :disappointed: Waiting for chuwi upgrade

Download Link don’t work

I just updated it. :smile:

Now fix the Fn Keys for enable the F1 - F12 Key

1 Like

Hi, I am trying to download operational instructions to install drivers in the first post of this topic, but it seems that the MediaFire link is not working anynmore. The file might be missed. Could someone upload it back again? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi! I flashed keyboard a few times in right steps, but touchpanel still bugs. Video with rubber cursor (fileconvoy)
Sometimes I can’t hit button with such cursor. Fix it please or share old firmware for downgrade.

There is not much to the update. In each of the numbered folders there is an executable file that you will run and then remove and reattach the keyboard after each step.

Here are the steps listed below. Make sure you close out any applications running before starting the install.

1. In folder 1, run (double-click) the Amira_KeyBoard_68F83.exe file.
  2. Click the start button and wait for it to finish.
  3. Remove the keyboard, wait for about 10 seconds, reattach the keyboard, wait for about 20 seconds for device install
  4. In folder 2, run (double-click) the Hynitron_Touch_Update_Tool(4).exe file.
  5. Click the start button and wait for it to finish.
  6. Remove the keyboard, wait for about 10 seconds, reattach the keyboard, wait for about 20 seconds for device install
  7. In folder 3, run (double-click) the Amira_KeyBoard_68F83.exe file.
  8. Click the start button and wait for it to finish.
  9. Remove the keyboard, wait for about 10 seconds, reattach the keyboard, wait for about 20 seconds for device install
  10. Reboot the Ubook Pro

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Can Management develop a driver that starts the keyboard in off mode instead of on?
And can it also make sure that the keyboard is switched off while the UBook is in sleep mode?

Touch Screen function does not work right after I installed 8100Y update pack. (Keyboard back light turn off in sleep mode, and touch pad may be improved ) Both my Bluetooth mouse or my stylus pen work so I thing it is obviously not hard were problem I guess. There are no setting tab on Touch Screen driver to activate my Touch Screen function. Please kindly tell what should I do for this problem. Should I install all 3 update packs even I did not use Hi pen and N4100

Hi Joern. The last keyboard update makes what you are asking for.

Update link: issue: rubber cursor (fileconvoy)

Where can I get that keyboard update?
The update I performed didn’t correct the back light of the attachable keyboard.

Try this link: