Ubook Pro Problems with the Pen

Hello there,

Ive finally bought a Chuwi Ubook Pro with the HiPen H6,

I use the Tablet for work and i have a problem with the Pen. The problem occurs in every program i tried: Microsoft Onenote, Microsoft Whiteboard and so on.

Often the Display is reacting wrong on my Input, for example my hand is on the Screen and i write something with the Pen, the Rubber option activates automatically, or a line comes up across the display to my hand.

I dont know how i can explain it more understandable.

In conclusion the Tablet reacts wrong on my inputs with the Pen when my hand is on the screen to write with the Pen. It sucks extremely when i try to calculate something or something like that and all the time the drawing programs do something different as i want.

Is there any opportunity to fix this problem?

Sorry for the bad english its not my main speech.

I hope someone can Help me, thank you!

Make sure you donā€™t press any button on the stylus by mistake as you type.

The stylus has palm rejection, so you will not write anything as a result of putting your hand on the screen, so that palm rejection is activated you must first bring the stylus tip close to the screen, without touching it, and then put your hand up

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer, i totally forgot to answer last time after i tested your tips.
Unfortunately your tips did not help me:(
Ive watched the problem now for a long time and i have noticed that the problem only occurs while the device is charging. Because of Corona i am in Home Office and i need the tablet very often, so i have to charge it very often while i work. Because of that i noticed lately that the problem occurs just when the tablet is charging.
When the charger is plugged off, then the pen works fine like it should!

But one more Problem i have noticed. The tablet is just 2 months old and it is a little bit bent?!

Dont understand me wrong, the tablet never dropped down or something like that, i treat it well and it still looks like new, so i cant explain me that except it has arrived so. I noticed this problem just a few days ago because its not extremely bent, just a little bit! I notice it a little bit when its on a flat table.

Maybe thats the reason why i have this issue. I try to take a picture of it.

Anyway maybe a reinstallation of the system would help? Because i am not happy with the pre-installed system. Its extremely laggy for a new tablet! It doesnt make fun to work with it. It just does not work smoothly! I tried different things like the virtual space, triver updates and so on.

My last try with this tablet would be a complete new installation of windows. And i dont wanna have the pre installed ā€œchuwi versionā€. I wanna install a clean version of windows 10 pro, but i have read that there are problems with the drivers? Can anyone educate me about this?

Again sorry for the bad english, and thank you for the answers!

Have you tried to update Windows 10 to the latest 2004 version? The latest version works quite well with the UBook Pro. I would recommend trying that first before a complete reinstall to see if that helps with the performance issues.

Yes ive already upgraded the newest Windows 10 Version, but it did not help.
I looked again and i havent installed the 2004 Version, but there is no opportunity to upgrade?! Windows cant find new versions.

Well in that case you havenā€™t upgraded to the latest version yet, have you? :slight_smile:

The 2004-update is still rolling out gradually and should reach almost everybody by the middle of July. Iā€™m also happy to say that it fixed the general laggy-ness of the Ubook Pro for me (I had the same experience as you), and it seems to do this for most people that have the N4100-version. So hopefully you wonā€™t have to wait too long before you get it offered! :wink:

As for the bent-problem: Canā€™t really say mine has this problem, but maybe yours had this from the very beginning?

The pen and palm rejection can be finicky (as in unreliable), but it works great like 80-90% of the time for me since the 2004-update. Before the update, writing was too laggy and unresponsive to be usable. Again: I hope you donā€™t have to wait long to get the update offer.

Okay thank you for the answer, in that case i will wait until i can install an test the 2004 update before i do a clean install.

And yes i think the bent problem is from the very beginning because i cant explain to myself why how this could happenā€¦

The same thing happens to you.
Chuwi 12.3 intel n4100.
I installed windows 10 from scratch.
Update all drivers and update to the latest version of windows and it still doesnā€™t work well.
I tried with a style of my surface and it also gives the same problem.
I had not noticed that the problem disappears if we remove the connection here.
ALSO DISAPPEARS IF YOU WORK IN AC AND CONNECT THE STYLUS WITH A LONG CABLE TO USB
THEN YOU CAN LOAD AND WORK AT THE SAME TIME.

I have tried to put the power supply by usb c. I have used an ALIM65TC power supply with 65w power. The problem disappears completely and loads perfectly.
It remains for me to try the replacement of the original plug-in feeder with a better quality one, because the problem may be the poor quality of the original feeder.

1 Like

thanks for sharing. .

Hello,

i have the same problem with my device so i hand it back and orderd a new one. But the my ubook x is doing the same thing but only when the charger is Pluged, then it switch between ruber and pen on its own and dont react normal.
How should i charge it with usb c to avoid the problem when i plug my 5 or 9 volt chrager from my galaxy s10 nothing happens?
But i heard usb c charging is not available with the n4100 only with a newer model.

Is the problem solved if i search for a new and better charger that fits?

Thanks Jakob

Charging the N4100 Ubook Pro with USB-C most definitely works, but you have to use a charger thatā€™s up to the task. Most mobile chargers (like the one from your Galaxy S10) go up to 15 or 20W max., the Ubook Pro needs at least 45W to charge at any decent rate. So yes, a better charger should definitely do the trick :wink:

Iā€™ve been using a 65W-model (this Wotobe one with 3 ports, to be exact) for some time and it has worked flawlessly every time.

Oh nice thank you very much how much Voltage does your charger have on the output side an how much ampere ?

Because i think it must bee at least up to 12 volt, because the original charger has 12 volt an 2 amps.
Am i right ?

Thanks Jakob

Specs are right there in the link :wink:

• PD3.0 / PPS output (USB-C): 5V / 3A, 9V / 3A, 12V / 3A, 15V / 3A, 20V / 3.25A (65W)

• QC3.0 output (USB-A): 3.6-6.5V / 3A, 6.5-9V / 2A, 9V-12V / 1.5A (20W)

The Ubook Pro supports PD-charging through USB-C, so it negotiates what it needs from the adapter. The Hi10x uses some weird protocol thatā€™s not really to USB-spec, so that one doesnā€™t work with this PD-charger.

The UBook X only supports USB-PD chargers with a profile> 3.
The USB-C PD charger must therefore be able to supply 12 volts. The UBook X does not support 5 and 9 volts.
These are usually the USB-PD power supplies> 36 watts (12V - 3A).

Cell phone chargers often only support 5 and 9 volts. Quick Charge is not supported because the USB-PD specification of Quickcharge 4.0 does not provide 12 volts.