Ubook X i5-10210Y Hi Pen 6 Stylus not working (solved)

Purchased through Aliexpress.
Serial No: YUbokXCW3H240101175

HELP!

I have FIVE Chuwi UBook tablets and use them for my business and have always been very happy with the product.

Recently (two weeks ago) purchased a UBook X thinking that it would improve my productivity and online tutoring as the previous Ubook was a bit laggy running OneNote. In addition to the tablet I also purchased the “new and improved” HiPen 8.

Very much to my disappointment the UBook is not fit for my purpose as the new pen appears to work in a different manner from the previous HiPen 6. The only way I can use OneNote is to enable the “draw with touch” function which is far from perfect. The tablet then recognises my palm and I cannot use OneNote to it full functionality and there are random sketching over the document. I cannot use the HiPen 6 or other compatabale devices that I have been using for all my other Chuwi tablets.

I have read other threads about other users that have also had this problem - why has Chuwi decided to produce an inferior product compared to their older models?

Is there a device driver I have to install to enable the 4026 Pressure stylus pen such as the HiPen 6? Need help ASAP otherwise I will have to return the tablet.

Thanks in advance to any help that solves this issue!

Same here. Yours is 12GB ram, 512GB storage? Not sure if it is as simple as driver issue or they totally change the screen type.

If available, download and install the latest driver for your Hi Pen model from the manufacturer’s website.

Because the Hipen 8 does not work anymore with MMP protocols, is a capacitive pen, same function as the touch of your finger. We made it like that so it will work with most of the touch screens in the market :frowning:
But i will ask Tech if its possible to use Hipen 6 in this new model you bought:

Tech gave me this file is like a patch to make H6 and H7 work. Try to install it and see if it works.

UBook X Patch for H6 H7 (latest models than only work with H8).rar (946.4 KB)

Brilliant!!! It’s now working properly. Thanks so much.