UBook X is coming

Despite never receiving a response to my emails, my order finally shipped on 8/19 with an estimated arrival of 8/24. Much to my surprise, it was delivered this morning! The free keyboard cover was included automatically but I did not get a HIPen 6. Was that supposed to be included? The advertisement was very unclear on that point. Everything seems great so far except for a large speck causing a bubble and under the screen protector. I’m going to try to remove that later.

1 Like

Contacted DHL on why shipment is not yet picked up by them, was told that there is no status of goods received in their records, and that Chuwi might have just created the paperwork first, and will bulk shipped once they consolidated their goods. Really troublesome just to buy internationally from this company.

How is the performance? Can the N4100 handle multiple tabs in chrome?

I dont think the Pen is included… You may have to buuly it separately.

Same here - package shipped on 19/08, scheduled to arrive 24/08 but arrived yesterday instead (21/08).
On the 20th I received a notification from DHL and a request to pay the custom duties, which I did right away, I suppose that might have speeded up the process a little bit.
All in all, a very fast delivery to The Netherlands.

The tablet looks good, a bit slow however it is still working on updates at the moment.
It arrived with the keyboard cover and a charger. No pen, but I found that my Surface pen works perfectly fine with it. And I can charge it with the same USB C charger I use for my laptop and for my Surface.
I’m attaching a pic (can’t add more, new user limit), taken next to a Surface Pro 7.

Great side by side with the surface.

Can anybody confirm if the ubook x support 256gb microsd card?

Finally it’s my turn, shipment picked up by DHL at 1800hrs today. ETA is EOD 27 Aug (ship to Singapore).

I haven’t really tried to push performance. I notice a bit of lag when I first boot up and try to log in or open things while it’s still loading. I use Brave, not Chrome, but I’ve had 3-4 tabs open at any given time without any noticeable issues. I wouldn’t use this as a primary workstation or gaming machine but for light duty it does the job well. I am coming from a Yoga Tab 2 with an atom processor and eMMC storage so this Ubook X feels snappy by comparison.

I finally got a confirmation email about the stylus not being included. I must say that is very misleading. The title on the store page “UBook X 12inch IPS intel Gemini-Lake N4100 H6 stylus 8GB RAM+256GB SSD” and several reviews that I was able to find before purchasing talked about the pen as though it were included.

The included DC charger is incredibly weak. When I first booted up I had it plugged in while Windows was updating and I was trying to install a few critical programs. The charging couldn’t keep up. I switched over to charging via USB-C with my phone charger though and that seems to work much better. So, the DC charging is going back in the box to live out its days.

All-in-all I am happy with my purchase.

Finally received mine… Perfect condition… Coming from i7 7500u, yes it felt a bit slow…

However from the price point, this is good.

Can anybody enable usb type c in bios??? Mine is greyed out.

This is normal. Type-c should work anyway.
Oh, and be careful, some functions may be available but have no effect or may brick the tablet.

Anyone know how to get the keyboard backlight to work on uboox x?

Hi everyone.
I have read that there have been problems using the usb-c charger, especially with those of fast charging smartphones (all, I think). Bricked!!!
Can someone confirm if this problem is true?
The manual does not say that the usb-c is a charging port.
Regards.