Freebook 360 screen issues

Freebook 360 screen issues

For a week now, the screen has had horizontal lines along the entire length of the top of the screen. One by one, there are more than 10. Then the screen turns pink-red!
when it is turning off, we see that the entire screen presents light and dark lines, vertical and horizontal over the entire surface.

I would like to point out that this problem appeared even though the computer had not suffered any physical damage or fall…
Doing updates or uninstalling them does not change the problem!

I bought two, I hope the other one doesn’t have the same problems!

what to do for this computer, new bought a few months ago and used very little!

Give me the serial number of your computer.
Where are you from
Where did you buy it (in which name shop, chuwi store, aliexpress amazon…it must be the offical ones in order to have warranty)
and upload a video to the post in which i can see what you describe so i can ask tech.

Hello and thank you for your response. I did not dare to put too much information here on the forum. I sent an email with all the details yesterday and again this morning (support@chuwi.com - reference 12241).

I can put this information here if you wish and if you do not have access to the complaint sent to support by email.

Your post was not posted at first, because the forum i do not know why, thought it was a red flag, so when i checked i had to approve it manually. Sorry about that.

I checked and the email its received on the inbox of support email. They will answer you, when they see it on Monday or Tuesday. I am sure.

It is me who made the survey that you talked about because i really wanted to know the real opinion customers of the brand right now to see which points to attack and improve ;). I also deal with social media, marketing and influencers, so i like to listen to the customers.

If someone else is reading this is , i will explain, because some of you already did not want to post here, you can also send me private message with the info no problem if you are afraid

When i ask those questions, is because in order to speed things i need to know that information.

1-We understand by Serial Numbers , not by model name, because each batch of serial numbers may have a different configuration, a different component inside. So when we talk in the different departments, tech, support we always need to know exactly. Specially to find the links to the software.

2- Ask where it was bought, because if its by Aliexpress, it needs to be hadled by Aliexpress colleagues, amazon the same etc…that means send a message to the store where you bought it. My colleagues in official store normally,( the emails of support, after sales) etc… only mainly handle if its bought through chuwi.com. If its by another store, they will tell you to go where you bought it.

• And we only offer warranty if its bought through Official stores(i am going to write a post in which i list all of them here) if its by resellers or others we do not. Things must be paid then…if you want to repair something.

3- When i ask for videos, pictures is because many times is something that could be solved maybe with software, or other customers had the same issue and can help, or people who normally answer in the forum and know about computers they also can help. And also, because my tech guys will understand better if showing pictures and videos, is faster :wink:

4- If i ask where are you from, it is specially to know where to send the computer to repair, for example in Europe, we have Germany repair center, if its other countries it depends, and mostly would be sent to Hong Kong for example for motherboard issues.

5-On the meantime only me, read and answer the forum. I read every single new post every day. .I normally answer same day, or next day if there is something i need to ask tech, that needs to wait. So if you do not receive answer, is not because i ignored, but because i am waiting for a solution that i cannot solve and i am waiting from someone in the office ;). By the way i also need to have some rest on weekends¡ please be patient ;). If in 3 days no answer at all, please you need to @ me , so i will come back.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for all these informations.

I’m located in Belgium ( LIEGE - BELGIUM).

Here after, the most important information about the issue:

I have already purchased two Freebook 360, with two pens, two backpacks and two mice and one Freebook is already broken and one bag had completely open seams after a few days of use !!!

I have also bought lots of products, including tablets for my children etc. Unfortunately your products often break down! the batteries no longer charge for example after less than a year… And now one of the 2 Freebbok 360 presents anomalies…

Freebook 360 screen issues, bought on your official store, 11/September/2023 (https://eu.chuwi.com, order EU2098, serial number ZfreeBCYH230300927 this is what I see on the back !)

For a week now, the screen has had horizontal lines running the length of the top of the screen. They appear one by one, there are more than 10 a few seconds later. Then the screen turns pink-red!
When it starts up or when it turns off, we see that the entire screen has light and dark lines, thin and thick, vertical and horizontal over the entire surface of the screen…

I would like to point out that this problem appeared even though the computer had not suffered any physical damage or fall. It appeared in the middle of class at university…

Make updates or uninstall them, change resolution etc. doesn’t change anything about the problem!

I bought two in September 2023 (EU2098 orders which has the problem and the EU2100 order which has no problem at the moment), plus other items etc., I hope the sales department will take its responsibilities and resolve this problem, especially since it is currently carrying out an investigation to demonstrate its transparency and seriousness! I can only think that is the case.

What to do for this computer, new bought a few months ago and used very little!

In addition, here is a video of the problem.

The video is over 50MB and cannot be sent by email, so it is posted on wetransfer (be careful, the link is only available for a few days!).

Also, for information, when I connect the Freebook with another external screen via HDMI, either by duplicating the screen or by extending it, there is no visible problem on the second screen. Only the Freebook screen has problems.

https://we.tl/t-UJwStJAVIh

Please confirm the reception of this email.

Thanks.

Cordialement

Good morning,

Given that transparency is put forward by CHUWI and by this forum, I will continue to inform the managers of this forum and current and future customers about all the procedures and steps concerning the problem on one of my Freebook computers…

Five days after my last complaint to CHUWI customer service, they gave me a return address for repairs, in Germany. This is a good thing even if the time to obtain this information is, for me, very long and must be automatic as is the case for other sites and other brands.

Another negative point is that you are asked to pay shipping costs. If you want a minimum of security, you must send the package by registered mail, which will increase costs significantly.
I find it very unfortunate to ask customers to pay money for problems that are due to the quality of the products. Personally, I have never had to pay for other brands that I have had to return for repair!!

That’s it, I will also keep you informed on the repair time, the quality of the repair etc.

I hope your computer can be repaired as soon as possible. Customer have to pay the shipping cost to send it to repair, but the shipping cost from the repair center to the customer house is paid by us.

Thank you for your comment.
Yes, I understood that this is how CHUWI works. I will of course pay the costs, I have no other choice. This is another negative point compared to other brands which cover all costs during the warranty phase, which is also much longer than yours.

Also, on this forum, even some customers complain about their product being sent back to China for repair, for months! without follow-up or information on the repair phases, which is frustrating. Another point to be seen and improved by CHUWI customer service.

1 Like

El freebook 360 los compre enero 2024 en chuwi store y esta en garantía.
Vivo en españa y tengo el nº de serie.
Necesito una solución.
Si me puedes ayudas estaría agradecido.
Espero su respuesta.
Muchas Gracias.

Buenos dias

Usé Google para la traducción. Espera tu ayuda.

Soy cliente como tú, quizás algún responsable del foro aquí te dé más información…

Si tiene algún problema con su producto, debes escribir a la tienda donde lo compraste, si es Aliexpress, a Aliexpress, si es Chuwi.com , entra en la web aquí: Soporte Contáctenos – CHUWI ES Store , if you are from Spain.

Al cabo de unos días, si todo va bien, te enviarán un correo electrónico con una dirección de devolución y las normas para devolverlo a reparar… Me enviaron una dirección en Alemania. Así que contáctalos y espera la información.

Toma fotos y videos de tu problema porque es posible que te lo pidan.

En cuanto a las reglas, se enumeran:

1. Por favor, escriba una nota indicando el problema de la máquina y su dirección disponible para que la enviemos.
  2. Devuelva el artículo completamente con el paquete original o seguro.
  3. Infórmenos el número de envío de devolución una vez que haya regresado.

Envié mi libro freebook360 por correo certificado con seguimiento. Sé que ha llegado pero aún no he recibido ningún comentario del servicio de reparación.

Listo :wink:

Thank you @Bouchama for the info. I modified your post because there was some info not ok because depends on the country :wink:
I am going to create a post in Which i explain how to contact and what to do.
Thanks to much-
@samietsam te he respondido en tu hilo

Bonjour,

J’attends toujours la réparation de l’un de mes deux Freebook 360. J’avais envoyer tout y compris le chargeur.
Maintenant, le chargeur du deuxième freebook 360 est mort ! je ne peux donc plus charger mon deuxième freebook. Où peut-on acheter le chargeur ?

1 Like

The customer service form does not work (After Sales – CHUWI EU Store)! and emails sent to support are not received!!

Maria

Good morning,

I’m still waiting for one of my two Freebook 360 to be repaired (order EU2098, serial number ZfreeBCYH23030092 sent to germany). I had sent everything including the charger.

Now the charger of the other freebook 360 is dead (order EU2100, serial number ZfreeBCY2H230300773) ! So I can no longer charge my second freebook ! Where to have or where can I buy an other charger ?

I’m In Belgium. The second freebook 360 as the first one is stil under waranty.

Thanks.

Hello, I have already reported the situation with the email as i have seen several people having the issue, but we are on holidays till Sunday so i am not sure if it will be fixed.

If anyone else read this please
If you are from Europe write to store@chuwi.com
Rest of countries service@chuwi.com

1-I will ask if we have chargers of Freebook in stock and will tell you.
2-I checked the email and my colleague answered you on 21st March saying they received your computer and it is still on repair.

@Bouchama We have stock of the charger. Please write to my colleagues . Now the email is working again.

You need to: Go to www.chuwi.com ,
Select your zone up corner right side(in your case is Europe)
Menu-Explore -Contact us- Aftersales Service

-Fill the form aftersales

-Dont forget to write INSIDE in the message:

Hello i have been told you have stock of chargers for my Freebook:

1-Serial Number /
2-Where are you from:
3-when did you buy it (for warranty purpose)
4- Where did you buy it with proofs(screen capture of the sale ,order number etc…)
5- Problem you have, and why you need a new charger
*They answer in 48h

When you write let me know, so i check we received.

Hi Maria,

I sent an email this morning to the after sale support.

Cordialement

My colleague told me he answered you.

Maria, Hi,

As mentionned the last email from Chuwi customer service: “the repair time may take 15-20 business days since that time…”

The deadline has been well past and I have not had an update on the repair. I had to buy another PC for my son to work on his lessons and prepare for his exams!!!

I sent an email to this effect to customer service but it came back!! often it is complicated to contact them, if not impossible.

¿Did you receive the email of my colleague in which he said we will send you the charger of the other freebook, so at least you could use that one?,
Because your laptop is still on repair.
I apologize for the inconveniences

Good morning,

Yes I received it. But for the repair, it takes a lot of time and no updating of the information! plus, if it had to be shipped from China, God knows how much longer it will take…
I had to buy another PC for my son who is in exams. I hope this one of my other son doesn’t break down…
This story is a very bad experience!