Brand NEW Chuwi minibook X from Banggood - DEFECTIVE SCREEN!

I too have experienced the very same problem. Fortunately, in my case, and probably your case from what you have described, it isn’t detrimental.

The screen is connected to the board by three different connectors, using a split cable that goes over both hinges. In my case, one of the connectors had worked its way loose. Not so much that it was even visible to the eye, but by pulling it out and reseating it, resolved my flickering problem.

So flip the laptop over, take out all of the screws - and don’t worry, no ‘hidden’ screws just the ones you see. The bottom plate will then come off very easily.

Once you’re inside, look in the top left corner and you’ll see two slim ribbon connectors. If you don’t see them immediately, you might need to remove some of the sticky tape that is holding the cables down. But, BE CAREFUL and peel the tape off slowly. The wires in these cables, and the connectors themselves, are very fragile.

Finally, unplug the topmost cable by flicking the black retainer upward, then pulling gently on the cable. Do the same in reverse to put the cable back.

Hopefully that will resolve your issue! I fear, however, that you might need to reseat this cable periodically however. Let’s see how things go and keep fingers crossed!