Can't charge the battery when minibook turns off

I have 2 minibook, one is from Indiegogo and the other is from Amazon.
For indiegogo model I can’t charge the battery and the left side LED doesn’t turn on when the system shuts down. I reinstall BIOS and EC. And I reset EC. But nothing happens. Do I need to send this back to Chuwi repair center?

Please contact aftersale@chuwi.com

Hi, did you get it to work? Mine will not charge at all, I changed the battery, but it will also not charge. And I can’t turn on the minibook without the battery. That is very bad, and no help to get from Chuwi. :sob:

I’ve got the same with my Minibook; it won’t charge when the charger is connected when the Minibook is off. Meaning I only can insert the charger when the Minibook is on to allow it to charge. This causes that if/when the battery is completely empty I’ve got a problem; the Minibook won’t start up with a flat battery, and because it won’t start I can charge the battery either.

What I’ve done is disconnected the battery and use an external 5 volt (USB) power supply to put a little bit of power into the empty battery by putting a 10 Ohm resistor between the usb power supply and the battery and let is charge for 30 minutes or so. Then, when the battery is connected to the Minibook it will start. After 1-2 seconds connect the charger to allow the battery to charge and to power the MInibook.

It feels a bit like jumpstarting a car with a flat battery :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello.
Could you put a photo to see how you managed to upload it? Thank you.

I’m using a regulated power supply to charge the battery when needed; I don’t use the usb cable with resistor anymore but just connect the battery to a power supply directly to charge it. I set the voltage to about 7 volt with a 500 mA current limit. Then the battery will charge with 500 mA till it reached 8 volt. (which never happen when the battery is completely empty) I let it charge for about 2-3 minutes (and I keep an eye on voltage and current), and then I connect the battery to the Minibook, press the power button and once the blue light is on I connect the charger.

The reason I’m not using the usb cable anymore; in the original battery one of the two cells was completely broken, thus I could use a <5 volt to charge the battery a bit. But since I’ve replaced the battery for a non-broken one I can’t charge it anymore by usb as the battery requires 6 volt the least to charge a bit, and USB can’t provide this voltage.

1 Like

Gracias. Vaya compra hicimos.

What a mess, now just happened to me also! Each pins from battery plug you used to charge?

I manage to start by applying 6v directly on the red pins of the battery plugged. He start charging in few seconds. I think they can fix this issue with a bios update, but i also think they don’t care see that is a old problem and still didn’t fixed…