[Chuwi Hi10 GO] and Linux

I just finished testing my new Hi10 Go with N5100. I managed to get most of it working.

The best results have been installing Mobian onto the emmc. Autoration works great, the system is super snappy.

Still no audio from speakers but I did manage to get audio from HDMI.

Cameras work fine, the image is inverted. I havent dug much into this but I am sure is an easy fix.

as Logoo said, kernel 5.18 is out and should support the audio card. I haven’t test it yet. I am not sure how to install it on Debian if anyone knows.

Overall Mobian is the winner, it requires a bit of tweaking but is nice.

On Ubuntu Xorg autorotate works but is inverted. Wayland does not have support for autorotate.

3 Likes

Did you have to do anything extra to make it work?

Hey. I have the 5.18 kernel on arch, but I still have no sound (seems the soundcard is not detected). Did you have to do some magic?

I am having the same result

Sorry posted in the other thread by mistake. For completion purpose:

I use the newest EndeavourOS (kernel 5.18) with Gnome as desktop environment which uses wayland. Display rotation works as soon as you install iio-sensor-proxy, it also works only without a keyboard connected but i’m sure this could be changed somehow.
For sound I only went into alsamixer switched soundcard with F6 to sof-essx8336 and pulled all sliders up and unmute everything. Haven’t tested which slider actually affected the sound.

Only thing currently not working for me is to suspend but haven’t looked into this so far.

2 Likes

It works!

Thanks. I now have Manjaro-Phosh running on the tablet and it feels great.

1 Like

just noticed with a minimal installation you may need to install sof-firmware for the sound to work

2 Likes

Buongiorno, ho acquistato Chuwi HI10 Go con intel N5100, ho provato le seguenti distro: Fedora 36 Gnome (sia con kernel 5.17 che 5.18) funziona anche la rotazione automatica, non funziona l audio e poi il touchscreen funziona al contrario.
ho provato inoltre Clear linux stesso problema
Hello, I bought Chuwi HI10 Go with intel N5100, I tried the following distros: Fedora 36 Gnome (both with 5.17 and 5.18 kernels) automatic rotation also works, audio does not work and then the touchscreen works in reverse.
i also tried clear linux same problem

You need to use Manjaro/Arch

Is the microphone working for you?

just checked. there is a mic if you switch in pavucontrol the configuration to Pro Audio but it is really quiet for me so there are sure still some issues with the sound.

1 Like

Ah! The sof-firmware! It did the trick! At some point I heard some sound but it was very low (even if all possible sliders were up) and since a reboot, everything looks ok software wise, but there no sound at all comimg out of the speaker :frowning:

Hi,
Do you think it’s possible to make sound, touchscreen, and screenrotation work, by installing the linux subsystem on chromium os (or Fyde OS) ?

2 Likes

Did anyone get suspend to work?

Has anyone tried installing Linux on the sd card? I’m not willing to commit and install it on the emmc just yet

I dont think the BIOS can boot from SD

1 Like

It does not support to boot from SD card however you can install Grub on eMMC and set to boot from SD. In my case I have installed Linux (including GRUB) on external SSD via USB-C so the eMMC was untouched.

1 Like

Chuwi hi10 go Intel N5100

Hello. Put Ubuntu 22.04 cameras work well. at first they slowed down wildly. I went to the program settings. there was a 4k resolution. set full hd. it began to work badly. the picture is much better than in window 11.
The only thing that doesn’t work is sound. the system did not detect it. I decided to put a clean windows 11 for the test. it turned out that the sound doesn’t work there either. Screen rotation also didn’t work and touch had to install the driver separately.

It turns out that the sound driver is some kind of specific. Looking for a solution how to transfer the driver to Linux.

You could also try installing the new 5.19 kernel from here, and test if audio and suspension works