[Chuwi Hi10 GO] and Linux

I updated the kernel to 5.19, but the sound did not appear

So, does it work? :blush:
Sadly i don’t have this tablet, i do wonder if Fedora works out of the box with sound and everything. Usually Fedora is quite seamless.
Suspend is very important too.

people have already written an answer to your question

Chuwi Hi10Go with N5100.
Manjaro with kernel 5.15 - works everything except auto-rotation (even with iio-sesnor-proxy) and sound.
OpenSuse tumbleweed with kernel 5.17 same.
Fedora 36 with kernel 5.17 works flawlessly even with auto rotate, but without sound!"

I am currently looking for a solution for the second day in a row. Tried many lines of code. So far, no result. so I decided to throw off a screenshot as the driver is at least called in windows. As soon as I find a solution with sound, I will write here

What about Bluetooth headphones, does it work now?

Thank you so much! You are awesome :blush:

Hi everybody. At the moment I was able to solve half of the problem.
Previously, there was a value in the sound settings: "Dummy Output "
I found the first solution to my problem:
Open terminal:
sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

than type this code

options snd_hda_codec_hdmi index=0
options snd_hda_intel index=1
options snd_hda_intel model=generic

Reboot system

Then it appeared in the settings already

2 Likes

Does audio work correctly with this fix?

Bluetooth headphones, works!

2 Likes

You need to boot Ubuntu from a liveUSB and install mobian using bmap-tool

https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=install-linux#flashing-the-image-to-the-target-storage-device

For those who want sound working on Debian

On manjaro you need linux518 or 519

1 Like

Great News :))

Install Manjaro kde plasma 5.24 . Kernel: 5.15.

the sound works through the adapter connector type C - 3.5 jack.

Install kernel 5.19 on Manjaro and the speakers will work

sudo pacman -S linux519

If you cant find 519 try 518

1 Like

You need to install the custom kernel from the link below your post.

Thanks. I installed Linux mint. tell me please. will work on kernel 5.19 ?

Ciao comunità del forum! :grinning:
Prendere note a mano con la matita è un problema, scorre al contrario (il touch pad ha assi corretti ma non con la matita) e ci sono bottoni invertiti. ho provato a risolvere modificando la matrice di input ma su wayland non funziona. Uso ubuntu 22.04

Hello community! :grinning:
Taking notes by hand with the pencil is a problem, it slides backwards (the touch pad has correct axes but not with the pencil) and there are inverted buttons. I tried to solve by changing the input matrix but on wayland it does not work. I use ubuntu 22.04

Try used Linux Mint. there will be a better review on the touchscreen.

Thanks for the reply. I have already read the forum solutions and tried something. Touchscreen works very well on Ubuntu. Only pencil has inverted axis and button.

Is gyro and sound working?

Isn’t it absolutely unusable? No normal touch gestures (only some apps), no way to drag and move windows with most of the apps, no good virtual keyboards… It just makes a tablet some kind of netbook with a little touch functions. There’s no way to survive without keyboard.