Freebook keyboard disconnected

I bought a PC less than 2 months ago. The assistance I received didn’t help much. The keyboard keeps getting disconnected.
I also installed a program sent by a Spain assistant (the nicest person I had the pleasure to talk with).

The issue still hasn’t been resolved. I need to use my PC for work. Furthermore the return is available only for 14 days (in which the assistance didn’t solve my problem, barely answered).

I had problems with the EU plug. I got delivered firstly an American one, which neither worked with the adapter I HAD TO BUY on Amazon, for the timings. The EU plug I got sent later didn’t work as well.
They told me to ship it to the only available store in Germany. Didn’t answer when I asked if they would charge me for that or if it was on them.

How do I connect my keyboard?
I know that by using FM+esc it should connect, it doesn’t.
I tried the function fn+altgr+Caps lock to be able to write in the keyboard, but I still can’t use the mousepad. (I Can’t select stuff)

It’s been stressful.

I am the nicest Spanish ;). Tell me the ticket number of support with my colleagues. I will ask and see if i can help

Hi,
Thanks for answering.
I had two tickets opened #13036 and #13031.

The problem of the keyboard has yet to be asked as the support didn’t even answered the others. At least not all of it.

When I tried to get back to them, I got sent “not possible to send the message”.

Find here attached the screenshot of it.

Kindly,

ME

While i see what else i can do

Please have a look at this posts in the last messages, it may be connected to the fact that the freebook does not switch between tablet and computer…

I had already tried that function. It still doesn’t work…

What if we install everything from beginning?, you format the computer and install all drivers again. if that does not work the keyboard may have bad hardware.Then we will think what could be done.

Give me your serial number and i will send them to you.

If you mean the ones from Herobook I had already tried that. You sent me almost a month ago. I installed them all, it didn’t work.

I also tried to disinstall the previous aggiornamenti but it worked for a day or two and stop…

No no freebook and Herobook are two computers different, they have different software.Im just trying to rule out all possibilities before sending it to repair…
Give me your serial number and i will send you the original files that came with computer, if that does not work, is maybe a hardware problem

Note the issue may stem from the Freebook switching (randomly) to Tablet mode. Then the keyboard doesn’t work. No way to manually switch in Windows 11.
I installed Lenovo Mode Switcher and updated Windows to latest and then used Driver Booster for latest drivers. Now it works flawless.

@Wortelstok thanks for steeping by