Help connecting laptop to TV [Chuwi Hi10X]

Is it possible to connect this laptop to the TV using HDMI? I have managed to get to the point of the laptop detecting a second mointor (extended view works as if one is connected + it detects the name & resolution of the TV) but the TV is saying ‘no signal’?

Any ideas how to fix this?

I’ve got a microHDMI to HDMI adpator, I’ve tried 3 different HDMI cables (all I know work as I use them for other consoles), and the TV’s HDMI ports work fine.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Here’s a screenshot of what it looks like when the cable is connected to the laptop and the TV
Screenshot (81)

The part labelled ‘2’ is what should be visible on the TV, but the TV says ‘no signal’ on a black screen

2 Likes

Have you tried changing the resolution & refresh rates for the 2nd screen? Alternatively, do you know if the microHDMI to HDMI adapter works on other devices, or could you borrow a microHDMI to HDMI cable to test that?

1 Like

I’ve tried changing the resolutions and refresh rates for both screens, neither worked. The microHDMI is brand new so I assumed it would be fine, unfortunately there aren’t any that I could borrow from friends - might have to order another?

Thanks for the advice though

2 Likes

I’ve got 2 Chuwi 10’s, and both have just worked without issue when plugging a monitor into the microHDMI port. I’d say you either got unlucky with a defective adapter, or microHDMI port. MicroHDMI ports are a bit iffy though, and wiggling the cable slightly can be enough to make the screen disappear, so perhaps it’s a bad connection.

I hope you get it working :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmm thank you! I’ll look into getting a new adaptor, hopefully that fixes it!

2 Likes