Herbook Pro - M.2 SSD Recommendations

Hi,

Has as anyone replaced the SSD? What brand and model is it?

Thank you.

PS. Chuwi Herobook/Pro is originally UMax Visionbook 14Wr/14Wr Plus as seen in their EC tutorial

IMG_20200623_150922

Hi i cloned my m.2 drive to a WD blue 500gb model performance is better and it works a treat

1 Like

Thanks! I will check it out.

Strangely, here’s my ATTO Benchmark on my Chuwi and it seems to perform slightly better than WD Green 2280 SATA

And here’s a benchmark for WD Green M.2 SATA 3 from the site wmdtechph.com

the WD BLUE faster worth a try

Geordie you are right abouth the WD Blue being faster. The Green is suppossed to use less power I guess that is why it was assigned the Green name. I have a 1TB WD Blue in my Herobook Pro and love it.

@smokey

Could you share an ATTO benchmark screenshot of your WD Blue?

Here are the results for my WD Blue 1 TB running on the Chuwi Herobook Pro.
They appear marginally slower than the WD Green but I wonder which PC it was running on.
I have included a WD Blue 1 TB running on another PC of mine. This has i7 10700K, 64 GB RAM and GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.
You can see that makes quite a bit of difference. Hence my remark about what the WD Green is running on.

Thank you smokey! Interesting. It appears even if I use a better SATA SSD, the read-write speed generally is limited by Herobook Pro’s build.

It looks like I don’t need to change the Kingston that came with the Herobook Pro.