Hi10 Pro and 2004 Update?

September is almost here and the 2004 (May!!) update is still “coming” on my tablet and I’m certainly not going to install it until Windows Update says it’s officially available, but maybe I should just avoid it altogether?

For as long as I can anyway.

I installed 2004 on my Hi 10 Pro. I did a clean install so I could clean up the partitions on my drive and got all the drivers working right except the touch.

I was able to see the 1909 update in Windows Update, but it would never successfully install for me. I searched and followed every guide I could find to get the update to install.

You can force the update using a USB stick obtained from the microsoft website with the media creation tool. Once you have it, you just have to, while in Windows, enter the pendrive and run setup. In the options you will have to update Windows

“got all the drivers working right except the touch”

There is a problem with the official driver download
[Hi10 Pro] [Official Version] Chuwi Hi10 Pro Windows, Android, Bios, Driver, tutorial Download? Its camera driver is for the wrong hardware and its touchscreen driver is for the wrong version.

My post #116 at [Hi10 Pro] [Official Version] Chuwi Hi10 Pro Windows, Android, Bios, Driver, tutorial Download contains download links to the correct

If you have any further problems I suggest you post in a more active forum [as well as or instead of here] such as www.tenforums.com

You will also find it worthwhile backing up drivers -
Backup and Restore Device Drivers - TenForumsTutorials

I have been able to keep updating my Hi10Pro and am now on Windows 10 Version 21H1. If you want to pursue your update problems I suggest that TenForums is a better place than here. If you do post there then, in the description of your problem, include @Try3 and I will get a notification so I can either assist or at least keep an eye on your thread for any Hi10Pro-specific issues you raise.

Best of luck,
Denis